Music in Film: Favorite scores, songs, soundtracks, and scenes

Tools    

Citizen Kane's soundtrack is NOT mediocre.
That's mediocre for me. Sound just like anything else from the time it was made: just some generic 1940's score.

I don't get 1940's and 1950's soundtracks besides Miklós Rózsa's (who was a true genius).

Anyway, from the videos you posted here I noticed that our music tastes are surely different. I noticed that I don't like mid 20th century music, overall, I like Classical Music or 1980's music.

Another problem of these old soundtracks is the poor sound quality.

That's mediocre for me. Sound just like anything else from the time it was made: just some generic 1940's score.
Pretty much. And The Third Man, while I respect trying something new, the zither was textbook meandering, so it had zero, if not negative, effect on me.

Talking about electronic music, anyone remember Forbidden Planet? Even in this day and age it still sounds good.

For a scores my I love Bernard Herrmann's score for Taxi Driver. John Williams also does fantastic scores for Star Wars, the Indiana Jones movies, and Jaws. Notable mentions for the scores from Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns, John Carpenter's scores, and the use of classical music by Stanley Kubrick

My favorite movie soundtracks include Heavy Metal, American Graffiti, and Last of the Mohicans.

Favorite musical number in a movie is easily "Springtime for Hitler" from The Producers

Was I missing?

Perhaps there was some other user who also liked Brakhage with a similar name at some point? In which case I've failed in my attempt to have a non generic movie related name.
You obviously created your username with Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk in mind.

Chuck Palahniuk... best contemporary author? You certainly think so, especially when your username is rooted at one of his objectively worst novels.

OR i'm really excited to get into snuff films, and joined the forum in hopes of recs.

I'm pretty sure you have to be over 16 to join this forum, that being the case, I couldn't possibly be a Palahniuk fan.

Worse use of film score: Christopher Nolan.

The scores for Inception, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises is basically the equivalent of getting punched in the face a bunch of times.
Wow I'd probably describe Zimmer's score on all of those as immaculate. The only one I was slightly disappointed with was Dark Knight Rises because most of the material was reused from his previous scores. Even still it's brilliantly symmetrical in how Gotham's Reckoning is used during Bane's victorious plane introduction, his takeover of Gotham, and then once again in the scene where the police fight back. In The Dark Knight, Zimmer's score is buzzing non-stop throughout a 2 and half hour movie, which lends a huge hand to why the movie feels so unrelenting and tense throughout.

I'd like to second Guaporense's love of Joe Hisaishi (a long time collaborator of Kitano), but surprisingly enough, probably Kitano's coolest musical moment was scored by Keiichi Suzuki.

Also, this in response to Mark.

In response to Proximity, I think rockmin Johnny Greenwood and Trent Reznor made a pretty effortless transition into film composing.

In terms of a recent film, I though the choice of Enya's 'Orinoco Flow' in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo's (Hollywood version) diabolical scene in the basement was a clever, witty, yet horrifying choice.

That song will never be the same again.

and also on Midnight in Paris (2011)
Great soundtrack for a great movie.

I've been listening to some of Kill Bill's lately.

This is probably my favourite

This is when Bill dies, starts at 0:15. Epic

as for Kill Bill,aside all the known tracks, I really love the end credits song of KB Vol.2 Sounds like you have just watched a Mexican melodrama.