MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

Most phones can't be rooted because the bootloader is locked. Somewhere there's probably a list of phones that can be rooted. I found that Google Pixel phones that were sold directly from Google can be rooted, you can know them because they mostly come in different colors then what a Google Pixel, say from Verzion comes in. But I'm not really knowledgeable about this, I just did it once.
There is a at least one list that I saw a few years ago. But even then they warn you that there's always a chance you'll brick your phone.

Holy Moses, next Monday is Memorial Day? How can this be?!

Fun and interesting video...

Personally, I like Ted McGinley because he was in one of my favorite movies: Revenge of the Nerds (1984).

P.S. If I had been writing Happy Days... instead of introducing Ted as Howard & Marion's nephew, I would have brought back Chuck Cunningham (played by virtually anyone) with the story that he was thought killed in Korea or Viet Nam (whichever was closer to the timeline) but who now suffered from PTSD - which of course would be cured at some point by Fonzie punching Chuck's head with his fist!

I would have also insisted that Battlestar Galactica hire McGinley to play Starbuck's long lost brother! (Hey, the show was heading for cancellation anyway!)

Trouble with a capital "T"
I didn't watch your video Captain, but count me as a fan of Ted McGinley. Why is the video called, 'The Sitcom Killer Cursed'? Was he suppose to have killed the ratings of the sitcoms he worked on?

I recently seen all episode of The Love Boat and Ted McGinley joined late in the show's run and was damn funny! He really had a great onscreen presences and a real knack for comedy. He was equally great on Married With Children. I don't remember his role on Happy Days very well though I did watch every episode of that show a few years back. I don't think it was the best character for him and Happy Days in general got worse each year. Towards the end it was teetering between mediocre writing to really lazy writing. Ted McGinley always seemed like a cool guy to me, I guess that's why he's likable.

I didn't watch your video Captain, but count me as a fan of Ted McGinley. Why is the video called, 'The Sitcom Killer Cursed'? Was he suppose to have killed the ratings of the sitcoms he worked on?

I recently seen all episode of The Love Boat and Ted McGinley joined late in the show's run and was damn funny! He really had a great onscreen presences and a real knack for comedy. He was equally great on Married With Children. I don't remember his role on Happy Days very well though I did watch every episode of that show a few years back. I don't think it was the best character for him and Happy Days in general got worse each year. Towards the end it was teetering between mediocre writing to really lazy writing. Ted McGinley always seemed like a cool guy to me, I guess that's why he's likable.
Yeah, the video says that most of the shows he joined got cancelled within a few seasons or two later, but they do quote Ted as saying (not verbatim) he sees it a different way: his coming onto shows may have added an extra season or two or life to them (whereas, without him, they may have died even earlier)!

Ted was absolutely perfect as the wealthy, arrogant, pretty-boy leader of the Jocks from Alpha Beta House & the Greek Council in Revenge of the Nerds! One of my favorite antagonists.

Yeah, the video says that most of the shows he joined got cancelled within a few seasons or two later, but they do quote Ted as saying (not verbatim) he sees it a different way: his coming onto shows may have added an extra season or two or life to them (whereas, without him, they may have died even earlier)!

Ted was absolutely perfect as the wealthy, arrogant, pretty-boy leader of the Jocks from Alpha Beta House & the Greek Council in Revenge of the Nerds! One of my favorite antagonists.

It's been almost 40 years since I seen Revenge of the Nerds. That might be the only movie where I seen an actor who looked just like me...and NO it wasn't one of the nerds...nor was it Ted. I should watch that movie again to find out for sure.

It's been almost 40 years since I seen Revenge of the Nerds. That might be the only movie where I seen an actor who looked just like me...and NO it wasn't one of the nerds...nor was it Ted. I should watch that movie again to find out for sure.
Was it this guy?

Hee-hee-hee!

Hi all! Hope you're doing well. Its almost June! Summer time.

I'm remembering a commercial a while back (not sure if it was a PSA or what)... but at a family dinner, the grandparents collected everyone's cell phone as they entered the house and put them in a basket (to be returned to them on their way out). It was a good message.

Hey, I found it!

This is even worse. Disgusting:

I agree. Look how much food is left on all those plates! None of them would be allowed to leave the table in my house.

This is even worse. Disgusting:

Doc do you know if that image is from a movie? Or an ad of some type? What made the image I posted surprise me was that I found it on an internet and mobile phone service provider. They were using that image as a positive reinforcement of using their services.

Three little goslings in the park yesterday. That’s all I’ve seen this year. Hope to see baby ducklings tomorrow in a much bigger park. Maybe some more goslings too.

(Stock photo)

Doc do you know if that image is from a movie? Or an ad of some type? What made the image I posted surprise me was that I found it on an internet and mobile phone service provider. They were using that image as a positive reinforcement of using their services.
I can't recall, CR. I just typed into my browser, "family using cell phones at the dinner table", and that's one of the first pics to come up.

The phone service using that type of picture as a positive shows you how far society has slid.

I can't recall, CR. I just typed into my browser, "family using cell phones at the dinner table", and that's one of the first pics to come up.

The phone service using that type of picture as a positive shows you how far society has slid.
I did a reverse look up of the image that you posted and it originally came from a New York Post article called: The worst behaviors hosts have seen from their guests revealed
At least they used that photo in the negative sense.

The wife and I once stopped at a little Teriyaki restaurant for lunch. At a nearby table set two young women in their twenties and all the time that they set there waiting for their meals they were both glued to their phones. It was almost like each was in their own world and not really at the restaurant at all.

And it's not picking on mobile phones per say. I've seen old movies from the 1930s-40s where a 'book worm' person attends a party and sets all night in the corner reading a book.