Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Re-watch. So good.

It's a strong film, I can see this film being somewhat polarizing because the mythology doesn't make any sense. I would even go so far as to call this a remake, it's definitely a reinterpretation of some classics. I think this could be a new generations Blade Runner with some reedits because the more information we get the worst the film becomes. Where Jordan Peele excelled at was taking three different horror tropes and combining them into making this film his own. I'm also a little concerned that Peele might become the new "Tarantino" where unfortunately the climax his film is very reminiscent of the climax of something that happened in a top ten from last season.

5.5/10. Watched this last month. One of the most cliched plot lines I have ever seen for a movie was so raved about. Pretty average to be honest. Yes, camera funk is there, but that does mean the movie is good.

Unregistered User

Alps (2011)

Sandwiched between Dogtooth and The Lobster, Alps as expected, in true Lanthimos fashion is downright surreal. Unfortunately though, it doesn't have the visceral attributes that the rest of his filmography has and after watching most of his work, I was expecting a shocking act of violence or something, which never appeared.

3rd Re-watch....severely underrated black comedy...near brilliant screenplay with a sublime cast...Morgan Freeman commands the screen as always, Greg Kinnear brings an edge to a seemingly surface character, Chris Rock has never been better, and Renee Zellweger's Golden Globe winning performance is absolutely enchanting.

Do you like Lanthimos? Of his films (I've still to see Kinetta) its probably most like Dogtooth without being as disturbing.
Completely unfamiliar to me .

5.5/10. Watched this last month. One of the most cliched plot lines I have ever seen for a movie was so raved about. Pretty average to be honest. Yes, camera funk is there, but that does mean the movie is good.
I liked this a little more than you did, but I agree that it is severely overrated.

Altered States (1980)

Rewatched this due to it appearing on horror top-100. Wasn't as weird as I remembered (or my definition of weird has changed during the last three decades). Kinda good, kinda silly and kinda lame ending.

(or possibly .5 more, haven't decided yet)

Triple Threat (2019)

I couldn't help but have high expectations for this due to the cast (Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais, Scott Adkins, etc.) so it's obviously a disappointment. Stupid story, not as good action as I had hoped and as a whole just an average martial arts action. Mostly entertaining if you like the genre though.