Things that annoy you...

Tools    

People who can't make up their mind.

We have a street closed by us. Get to the stoplight and there's a big sign - Street Closed. Car in front of me sat there dumbfounded. COME ON! You have two choices - right or left. Were in a city that's divided into blocks. It's not that difficult. I'm not a lay on the horn driver but I let them know this was unacceptable by tapping the horn. So they finally turn right and then hit the first left and now they were going down the wrong way of a one way street. Of course.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Shakira.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
been here 23 years and boss STILL talks to me like I'm in college without experience.
le sigh.

Who were you complimenting? I promise not to judge.
Alisha Weir. She plays the vampire ballerina in Abigail. I said she was lovely and delightful on another message board and a couple people got mad at me.

been here 23 years and boss STILL talks to me like I'm in college without experience.
le sigh.
I think I had that boss too.

The one I had would shoot down every idea I brought to him, then a couple months later at board meetings he'd present my ideas that he rejected as if he came up with them... and then, when the company would adopt my original ideas, HE'D get awards for "coming up with" and presenting those ideas. (This doesn't just happen on commercials.)

I think I had that boss too.

The one I had would shoot down every idea I brought to him, then a couple months later at board meetings he'd present my ideas that he rejected as if he came up with them... and then, when the company would adopt my original ideas, HE'D get awards for "coming up with" and presenting those ideas. (This doesn't just happen on commercials.)
You should've presented your boss with only bad but creative ideas. Then when he steals them from you and months later presents them at board meetings, your problem would be solved...when he was fired

Panera has the worst coffee. Decided to give it another shot & it was worse than ever in a latte. At best, the latte was tepid almost verging on cold. It didn’t help that my latte was sitting in the Panera “kitchen” waiting - for what I have no idea.

**** light pollution... people all over the UK saw the aurora borealis last night and we didn't because of lights. Rare red alert strength too!

Front of house has street lights, back of house motion lights almost directed into the sky from idiot neighbours and light atmosphere coming off town in the distance.

Couldn't leave house to go find somewhere safe and dark to spend a few hours watching the sky.

So annoyed and jealous right now.

Anyone got any gorgeous photos?

No, @Nausicaä like you I didn't see it as I wanted to. I did see them (technically) but it looked very much like a weird fog. Had I not known what it was I'd have thought it was sand/dust high up in the atmosphere. There was a slight green tinge to it (my mum said she saw hints of pink, too) but like you, I was really annoyed about the light pollution and have street lights front and back, so had no chance. I was told that if your phone/camera had a night mode you could take photos and you'd see it a lot better (a lot of the photos show more than could be seen with the naked eye) but my phones old/doesn't have a night mode.

^ I tried that camera thing too but my phone doesn't have night mode either and it's rubbish taking photos in low light.

Didn't even see any weird fog/atmosphere.

They say people might have another chance to faintly see it tonight between 11pm and 2am. If lucky.

I went outside last night, perfectly clear and perfectly dark. I live out in the country so no street lights, BUT there was 100 foot tall fir trees blocking my view, so I didn't see the northern lights. I've been to Alaska three times and didn't see the lights there either. Rats!

Facebook annoyance. Has anyone had a 'general eric t hill' try to friend request you on facebook? I assume it's a scam. Got a friend request off 'him'... Didn't even click on the name.

I went outside last night, perfectly clear and perfectly dark. I live out in the country so no street lights, BUT there was 100 foot tall fir trees blocking my view, so I didn't see the northern lights. I've been to Alaska three times and didn't see the lights there either. Rats!
Your nightly view must be amazing. At least compared to central NJ where it's glaring LED street lights, every other house having a motion detector light, garage & back yard flood lights, ambient light from nearby cities. The only stars we see are the brightest - which is rough for a star gazer like me. I've travelled little and have also never seen any northern lights - unless you count the ones from New York City.

(It's... what's the word? ... Annoying!)