Black Mass (2015)

Tools    

Finally, Johnny Depp in a movie that does not involve pirates or funny English accents.

I'm looking forward to this one!

I already predict this will be a frontrunner at next year's Academy Awards. Depp deserves an Oscar, and this could be it.

Definitely an underrated actor

Johnny Depp is starring in a new movie, Black Mass, about the true life story of Whitey Bulger. A Mobster who turned Police Informant.

Johnny Depp
Kevin Bacon
Benedict Cumberlandsausage
Joel Edgerton
Jesse Plemons
Peter Saarsgard

Trailer released

Tell you what, this looks like a sleeper hit for 2015.
Will be released in September.
Looks good - I love crime movies.

The scene reminds me of the scene from Goodfellas where Joe Pesci "breaks Ray Liotta's balls".

Has anyone explained those contacts?

The look is so menacing and creepy, but Bulger was a health nut. Looks like he is on somethin.

Really looking forward to it!

I'm actually going to venture out to the theaters to see this one.

What a trippy (and true!) story line. Depp is one of my favorites anyway so it's just icing on the cake for me.

I've seen it last week. I really liked the story but I wasn't blown away. It had potential and I think it could've been done better. Most people might not agree with me but I think Depp's performance seemed a bit unnatural and overdone. It might have worked better if the main character was Connolly as the film seemed to go around him more than Bulger. Definitely better than Legend (about Kray twins) but it's 7/10 from me. I think gangster genre has so many classic masterpieces that all the new films are inevitably compared with them.