Disney Buys Marvel for $4 Billion

Tools    

Honestly, the prospect of a Pixar Marvel film doesn't really appeal to me. To me, IMHO, cg films feel mass-produced and synthetic. Going from the live action adaptations to stylized, plastic-looking characters and sets, isn't a leap I would personally like to see.

...uh the post is up there...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I do like the 2D animation, like Batman, Justice League, and Static Shock, but I don't really like the idea of a Pixar-ish Marvel movie, it just feels like it'd be so much easier for it to be live action.

Honestly, the prospect of a Pixar Marvel film doesn't really appeal to me. To me, IMHO, cg films feel mass-produced and synthetic. Going from the live action adaptations to stylized, plastic-looking characters and sets, isn't a leap I would personally like to see.
Marvel and pixar team up doesn't necessarilly mean superheroes in a pixar movie. Marvel/Pixar could be forming a new comic/toy line and then possibly a movie aimed at kids. Don't worry so much.

I have one question, what of the Punisher, a murdering psychopath bent on revenge?

I just don't see Disney going to the trouble of buying marvel, not to assert their influence. Maybe not immediately, but soon enough they'll get to it.

I have one question, what of the Punisher, a murdering psychopath bent on revenge?

I just don't see Disney going to the trouble of buying marvel, not to assert their influence. Maybe not immediately, but soon enough they'll get to it.
The Punisher/Punisher:War Zone were already released. What do you think they're gonna do? Re-release them as family classics? lmao

The Punisher/Punisher:War Zone were already released. What do you think they're gonna do? Re-release them as family classics? lmao
I mean the future of the property.

I know short term Jason Aaron of Scalped fame is writing a new MAX series, along with Steve Dillion of Preacher fame drawing, when the current MAX book ends at 75. Which is currently being written by Victor Gischler and drawn by Goran Parlov (my favorite Punisher artist) and on #73.

There's also a Marvel 616 book with Rick Remender writing and Jerome Opena drawing of FEAR Agent fame for the first arc and Tan Eng Huat drawing the second one. That's on #8.

The way I'm kind of seeing it is that Disney attracts a lot more girls than guys with their company with fairytales and princesses and such, and they're just extending their demographic to boys.

And no new movie is being planned right now, since War Zone was pretty much a flop.

You know, this was probably in the works for awhile, because for a few years now Disney XD was showing a lot of old Marvel cartoons.

The thought that the creators of Hannah Montana have anything to do with Marvel makes me want to light my comic book collection a flame.

Gee how many different "hitler type" videos like that are there? I've seen so many now, it's gettin as old as the Rick Roll'd thing on YouTube.
True, but this one actually made me laugh.

Jrs, are you a fan of the comics, and Filmfreak, have you been keeping up with the Punisher? I'm about to leave to get the next issue, looks great love me some Parlov.

Jrs, are you a fan of the comics
i believe you already asked me that already though.

Jrs are you a comic fan?
Originally Posted by Jrs
I used to read faithfully as a kid into my twenties ...now I just read once in awhile.

Donald Duck vs. The Hulk!!! Which has the worse temper? Lord, I can hardly wait!!!

i believe you already asked me that already though.
And I believe you never answered.

Jrs, are you a fan of the comics, and Filmfreak, have you been keeping up with the Punisher? I'm about to leave to get the next issue, looks great love me some Parlov.
Unfortunately no, I don't have the time these days to make it to the comic store.

Ouch that sucks. I still sugest you do it in trades, ya know just twice or once a month.

I am an old school comic fan, and although there are a few (very few) modern days books that are alright the comic book world for me took a nose dive back in the mid to late 90's. I already hate how Marvel has ran their company for the last decade or so, so I guess it can only get better right? I have enjoyed many of the movies however, so I hope that recipe does not get wrenched up.