Pineapple Express

→ in
Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
And I feel exactly the opposite: to me Superbad, while funny, is by far the least of these Apatow-brand movies yet.
I found Superbad to be quite funnier than Pineapple Express; I didn't nearly laugh as much.

The 40-Year-Old Virgin may still be the all-out funniest to me
Same here.

Diff'rent strokes, Mr. Drummond.
Right you are.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I still am not sure if I can handle Superbad, I will however pick up The 40 Year Old Virgin when I get a chance.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im really looking forward to this it does look awsome fair play.

I am half agony, half hope.
I've had some bad experiences with the previous films of Mr. Apatow, so when we were in Big Bear and this was the only movie showing besides The Mummy, I was tempted to go back to the cabin and read some more. I was persuaded to see Pineapple Express, and I was glad I did. James Franco was awesome and Seth Rogen didn't irritate me like he normally does. It was pretty flippin' funny. I especially loved the scene at Red's place.

Johann von Goethe

I saw Pineapple Express yesterday.
I'm not sure if it has a pro or a negative drug message.
Plenty of violence.
The action scenes were high tension.
I don't recall any frontal nudity.
One guy wearing bun hugger underwear, reminded me of the Norge Man, from Saturday Night Live.

Whaddya mean you're not sure if you can handle Superbad, PW? What does that mean?
Well, in short it just looks really f*cking stupid. I don't know if I really need to sit through it. I prefer to watch bad sci-fi or horror flicks instead of bad comedy, you dig?

The Fungus Among Us
to me Superbad, while funny, is by far the least of these Apatow-brand movies yet. The 40-Year-Old Virgin may still be the all-out funniest to me, but after one viewing Pineapple Express is right there with it, and I most definitely laughed very hard and a lot all the way through.
This is great news as I feel exactly the same. Actually I hated SuperBad, I couldn't even finish watching it. And after I read Holden Pike's highly pretentious comment about Apatow's movies being "stupid comedies for smart people" I was worried as asinine comments such as that was exactly what I heard from movie reviewers concerning SuperBad. Smart people would never make such a comment.

Comedy is completely relative and just because (you) find it funny doesn't make it good or smart. If you have ever seen Apatow interviewed he comes across as a total goof ball.

Also just to put myself out there so all can know I'm not just flaming here, I will say that one of my favorite comedies is Dumb and Dumber. I don't think anyone would say there is anything smart about that movie, but it makes me laugh, really, really hard. Any other two actors in Dumb and Dumber would have butchered the show and been nothing more than annoying. So I guess to me maybe there is one thing "smart" about Dumb and Dumber and that would be the comedic genius of Jim Carrey. To me he is hilarious.

So to sum up I am very excited to see Pineapple Express because it sounds like the movie plays to the particular comedy stylings of Rogen and Franco as Dumb and Dumber allowed Carrey to act like a retard.

Just seen the movie today, and honestly, the movie wasn't great, but it was entertaining I'll admit.
WARNING: "" spoilers below
I enjoyed how it explored the main characters a lot and how their bond increased during the film. Although I dislike how the movie dismissed characters that were important to the main character. To me, it felt like there was absolutely NO NEED for the girlfriend to even be added in the film, whatsoever.

Rated 3/5

I saw this movie last night. I really thought I wasnt going to like it. But I actually enjoyed it alot. Very entertaining.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
And I feel exactly the opposite: to me Superbad, while funny, is by far the least of these Apatow-brand movies yet. The 40-Year-Old Virgin may still be the all-out funniest to me, but after one viewing Pineapple Express is right there with it, and I most definitely laughed very hard and a lot all the way through. If you care to compare my reviews, my thoughts after seeing Superbad last August can be found HERE.

Diff'rent strokes, Mr. Drummond.
Phew! I was a bit afraid to say how much I disliked Superbad (and I see that you didn't really dislike it) and that made me a bit negative about seeing this. Of course, watching Superbad with my teenage son was not a good idea.

I wasn't even that impressed with Knocked Up, even if I did enjoy it a little. I just thought all this Apatow love was a bit much. But I did enjoy The 40 Year old Virgin A LOT.

I like the premise of this film much better than the others. Comparing it to Shaun of the Dead might have something to do with it. Thanks for the review!

Welcome to the human race...
Okay, so I just saw Pineapple Express earlier this evening. Glad to say that I actually enjoyed it - my last couple of experiences with Judd Apatow/Seth Rogen collaborations have been, to say the least, very disappointing.

Having said that, I think the main reason I enjoyed Pineapple Express a lot more than something like Knocked Up or Superbad (both of which I seriously did not like) was because of just how different it was. For me, it really picked up once the murder happened - prior to that it was all too familiar territory where I'm just supposed to laugh at how Rogen is some talkative, pot-smoking, none-too-bright guy. Like I haven't seen that before. Same goes for James Franco, who feels like he's doing an impression of Floyd from True Romance.

However, as the movie rolled on I managed to get used to it, especially since stuff got way better.

WARNING: "Pineapple Express" spoilers below
Agree with what Envy said about some characters e.g. Dale's girlfriend having very little definition and/or relevance to the plot.

Also, did the makers really think they could get away with "killing" Red so many times? I really think they should've just let him die at the very end - if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Hovering between a
and a
- meh, round it up to
. Good stuff.

The Pineapple Express was not worth the $7 I paid to see it. I liked what Judd Apatow did with Superbad and Knocked Up. The Pineapple Express on the other hand was an overhyped piece of garbage that would have never made it to the big screen had it not featured Seth Rogen as the lead man.

The Pineapple Express on the other hand was an overhyped piece of garbage that would have never made it to the big screen had it not featured Seth Rogen as the lead man.
I feel the exact same way about Knocked Up.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Seth Rogan is why I wouldn't pay $7.00 to see it. I'm not into the fat but slightly cute (?) nerd thing.

Still it was a fun ride. Of course I saw it at the $1.00 house.

My son liked it far better than Knocked Up. I liked Knocked Up better but they were both fun.

Superbad had too many unattractive people for me to watch at any price.

Damn bleach'..you hate large people much? What do you mean by "unattractive"?

Damn bleach'..you hate large people much? What do you mean by "unattractive"?

That picture's worth a thousand words and every one of those words is "unattractive".

I'm not into the fat but slightly cute (?) nerd thing.
Are you referring to movies where the not so popular guy gets the girl? I haven't seen this yet, so I have no clue.

Superbad had too many unattractive people for me to watch at any price.
I take it you're not into Revenge of the Nerds either then?

I love this movie!