Back to the Future DVD

Tools    

crazed out movie freak
BTTF on dvd sweet man gotta get it. all time classic

This is straight from the website The Digital Bits .....................

You Region 1 Back to the Future fans will be happy to learn that the eventual U.S. DVD release (according to retailers tentatively set for 12/17, but it now looks like Universal may be pushing to get it out a month earlier) will probably include more than the international version. We received this report from Bits reader Will last night:

"The Back to the Future screening at USC today was informative and fun. We screened a brand new 35mm print that was struck from new elements for the Hi-Def video transfer to DVD. Representatives from Universal said the DVDs are scheduled for a Thanksgiving release in the States. Also, for the very first time, Zemeckis openly discussed why Eric Stoltz was dropped from the film and recast--hopefully, this bit will make it onto the DVD. And while the Q&A session was promoted primarily as a venue for the DVD commentary tracks, they also videotaped the entire conversation and said that some of it may appear on the DVD as such. One more interesting tidbit that seemed rather hush-hush: writer/producer Bob Gale, who was quite articulate and humorous, said that the primary reason why the trilogy had not been released on DVD until now was due to studio politics. Apparently, when DVDs were first produced, Universal was one of the studios that decided to hold off on releasing popular titles until they knew if the market was going to be profitable. As a result, they opted to license some of their films to be released by Columbia. When Columbia released Jaws overseas and it became a huge seller, Universal then decided to wait until their contract with Columbia expired so that they could release their own movies and reap the profits. Bob Gale specifically said that the contract expires on June 30th of this year! I doubt this will be included on the DVD."

crazed out movie freak
umm ok no need to write a book bro. just tell us the release date unless i missed it somewhere in this thread. thanks

crazed out movie freak
That is so awesome. counting the days still.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Raziel1
umm ok no need to write a book bro. just tell us the release date unless i missed it somewhere in this thread. thanks
he was being nice enough to list all the special features that will be included with the set...FEATURES ARE NICE...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

crazed out movie freak
I know take a joke man. Whats with you guys all tring to gang up on me. Buncha punks

Radioactive Spider Blood
Originally posted by jrs1013
BTTF trilogy is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com !
Woohoo!

I signed up to get notification of when it was avaliable, and sure enough, I got that email today!

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

On the official BTTF website ( www.bttf.com ) there is all the full specs of what is going to be on the DVDs which are awesome.

Now, as well there is a photo of the box art and I am really disappointed. It is totally ugly and could have been done MUCH different.......better as a matter of fact.

What do you all think????

From the Official Back to the Future Website
http://www.bttf.com

“Back to the Future” DVD Bonus Sampler hits the web

Universal releases 5½ minute sneak peek at DVD

Our friends at Universal Studios Home Video have notified us of a brand new 5:40 video clip they have published on their site, which gives a brief but highly insightful peek at the year's most anticipated DVD release.

The streaming video clip gives a first-hand look at several of the features contained on the 3-disc set, including audio & video samples of commentaries, interviews, outtakes, deleted scenes, and menu features. The material is just under six minutes long and does a great job of showing some of the material on the upcoming DVDs.

Our international readers who already have their sets will notice some subtle differences in the animation of the menu screens shown. Also, a snippet of commentary is heard from Michael J. Fox — confirming his participation in the set.

The layout for Universal's Back to the Future Total Axess site is also shown, with some of the upcoming content being discussed.

Today I going to buy BTTf on DVD Region 2. In Box Set, of course. Who is from Europe, that can buy BTTF today, but who is from USA, waiting 17. decembar.

Marty, you must come back with me!!!
Where, Doc??
B A C K T O T H E F U T U R E

Just got my Back to the Future Box Set recently. I am sooooooooooo excited!
It is so freakin awesome. Being a fan that I am I can't stop watching it. It's the best DVD(s) I have let my eyes and hands on.