Television Series

Tools    

Breaking bad and Sons of anarchy and.... Entourage and... Gossip girl!

Little update. Since I've posted I've watched Carnivale, Oz, and one season of Mad Men.

Carnivale was good. I'd say it's worth watching. I've been trying to verbalize for two minutes why exactly, but I'm not sure how to describe it. The truth is, I wanted more to wonder at and I wanted to explore the main character more thoroughly. For those who have watched it, I like the "what's going on" feeling I had when they were in Babylon.

Oz wasn't what I expected. I almost quit when I realized how far it was from my expectations. They give you a bucket of characters and you don't know which will die and which are the main cast (for a while). Each episode has so much going on and actually utilizes its time. I actually cared for a few of the characters; for their state of rehabilitation, moral conflict, and health. I have a tendency to get focused on one or two story threads more than others, so the amount of characters and stories became burdensome on a few occasions. Worth a watch.

As for Mad Men, I'm debating whether to watch more. It does have some appeal, but I can't bring myself to care too much about what's going on and I can't relate with or condone the actions of the main character. With shows like Breaking Bad, I can understand why the Walter does what he does. Whether I agree with his actions or not, I see logic in them.

I think I'll let Mad Men simmer for a bit and check something else.

Try some Joss Whedon. It's nummy.
I watched Dollhouse when it first came out and it was alright, but I don't want to go back to it (I'm still chasing that Breaking Bad high. Admittedly, not a good thing to attempt).

As for Joss Whedon, I want everything to be Doctor Horrible.