Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

First time or a rewatch, FB?
re-re-rewatch.. but not for many years.

I am staying with a friend who hasn't watched many films and trying to introduce him to some classics that I think he will like.. he wasn't too impressed and almost fell asleep.

Welcome to the human race...
So I guess this means you like Mickey D cinema.
I like a lot of different types of cinema. I don't like presumptuous snobs.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
So I guess this means you like Mickey D cinema.
It was a nice review Out of Sheep, not long and mearandering, succinct, enjoyable.......message conveyed. If you stick around you'll get to know Iroquois, he/she is in the habit of asserting an online identity, hazing new posters for what I assume is some kind of entitlement based on the site contribution and duration or just some kind of superiority complex or maybe...he/she liked Spiderman Homecoming. Lol at all options.

Office Christmas Party (2016)

-

Lowbrow American comedy is what I like, although many of the comedies of today try pushing the button so much that it becomes tiring. This one could have pushed it a little more. This has a pretty good cast featuring Jason Bateman, Olivia Munn, Jennifer Aniston, T.J. Miller, and a whole load of other familiar faces who all have their moments. It's nothing special but I laughed a decent amount and had a good time.

The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail (1945)

+

Less than an hour long, and as far as I'm concerned just a warm up for what's to come from director Kurosawa. The story is fine and it's a good watch. I just didn't think there was all that much to it.

It was a nice review Out of Sheep, not long and mearandering, succinct, enjoyable.......message conveyed. If you stick around you'll get to know Iroquois, he/she is in the habit of asserting an online identity, hazing new posters for what I assume is some kind of entitlement based on the site contribution and duration or just some kind of superiority complex or maybe...he/she liked Spiderman Homecoming. Lol at all options.
I was handing out constructive criticism. Out_of_Sheep's criticisms are somewhat fair, but lack clarity, and as noted the key metaphor had issues and there was just a lot of general grievances about "Mickey D cinema". There's potential there, but as you can tell (I think?) it helps to be able to back up your superiority complex.

Also, "he" will suffice.

The metaphor stands if you take it to a point, as with the rest of the article, I'm trying to be as ambiguous as possible without spoiling events in the film for those who hadn't seen it and still want to. I was unclear I'd have to submit a formal review on a free website regarding cinema... now who's the pretentious snob?

The metaphor stands if you take it to a point, as with the rest of the article, I'm trying to be as ambiguous as possible without spoiling events in the film for those who hadn't seen it and still want to. I was unclear I'd have to submit a formal review on a free website regarding cinema... now who's the pretentious snob?
Yeah, just as well you picked a scene that was already spoiled by all the trailers anyway so it didn't matter if you used it for your metaphor.

Legend in my own mind

Dunkirk (2017)

The Masque of the Red Death (1964, Roger Corman)

Loved the eye-popping visuals in this - the set design, art direction and the use of color were excellent.

Lost Highway (1997) -
The scene from which this screenshot is taken is one of the creepiest I've ever seen. Lynch is a master of the subliminal.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Swiss Army Man (2016)

I don't even know where to start with this. The closest I could come to describing it would be a mix between the hipster-wilderness of Where the Wild Things Are and the comic coco-loco craziness of that episode of The Mighty Boosh where they're stranded on a desert island and start talking to coconuts. But with more bodily functions. It's partly original and interesting and partly exceedingly tiresome, so I'm going to go for a failry ambivalent

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

At a college in Florida, a campus journalist is convinced that illegal experiments are being done to monkeys at the science lab. Sneaking in one late night, he takes a picture of a monkey in the cage but the monkey escapes and bites the journalist before escaping and being hit by a police car.

The journalist undergoes a transformation that turns him into a primitive beast who bites his date one night and in turn, when the date is assaulted by three local campus bullies, she infects them and they go on a rampage during a Halloween party. The journalist's best friend and his girlfriend are the only ones who can stop them all.

Low-budget but pretty good special effects with an excellent score from Goblin's Claudio Simonetti drive the film.

Rating: B (3 out of 5 popcorn)

You can't win an argument just by being right!

At a college in Florida, a campus journalist is convinced that illegal experiments are being done to monkeys at the science lab. Sneaking in one late night, he takes a picture of a monkey in the cage but the monkey escapes and bites the journalist before escaping and being hit by a police car.

The journalist undergoes a transformation that turns him into a primitive beast who bites his date one night and in turn, when the date is assaulted by three local campus bullies, she infects them and they go on a rampage during a Halloween party. The journalist's best friend and his girlfriend are the only ones who can stop them all.

Low-budget but pretty good special effects with an excellent score from Goblin's Claudio Simonetti drive the film.

Rating: B (3 out of 5 popcorn)
Hadnt heard of this one but I laughed at your description of the monkey escaping, biting the journo and getting hit by a car. I'm going to hell for that. Sounds a bit like

The scene from which this screenshot is taken is one of the creepiest I've ever seen. Lynch is a master of the subliminal.
Seriously need to rewatch it soon. Haven't seen it in about 4 or 5 years when i was just getting into Lynch and i barely remember it.