Songs With Matt

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Devadip Carlos Santana - Phuler Matan

I never heard of these 3 albums, because he used one of those names given to you by a Buddhist from LA,

?list=OLAK5uy_kMxKmfY_SCNcJuw__-Oz-maevYexjEQ9Y

Hey Matt, have you listened to that recent Roger Waters cover album of Dark of the Moon? I briefly started it and as of yet am undecided in my opinion. Curious what you think.

Hey Matt, have you listened to that recent Roger Waters cover album of Dark of the Moon? I briefly started it and as of yet am undecided in my opinion. Curious what you think.

I listened to it a few days ago. I don't know if I was very focused, and should probably listen again, maybe with annotated lyrics. The music is a departure, which is to be expected with a redux. I'll probably need to listen a few more times, just like with the new Rolling Stones album, although I think I can take their music at ear's value. It just seems recycled. Their last good song was the kd lang sound-a-like, "Anybody Seen My Baby" but I'm convinced the first 10-15 years of a band/artist is their best 99% of the time. There's a few who's best work is their last 10-15 years as well, but it's rarely music. David Crosby is the only one I can think of, but he was always my least favorite from CSNY. Now I think it was probably being sober - he became so prolific. In the early days, he always had a band to blend in with - Byrds, CSNY, but I can't think of hardly any with him featured, except "Almost Cut My Hair"

James Bolin died at 25... Great singer and guitarist who just started, and then died.. Jazzy acoustic songs with heart, with a voice, nice mixing strings, etc.... Not enough of this

The Carpenters - B'wana She No Home

I thought I knew every single song by The Carpenters. Didn't know this one! Funky reggae. Karen was one of the best and the only good singer today completely rips her off that I'll never mention her name.

?list=OLAK5uy_lKO3LRCSHU3FzEEEmGr8q-0IkVy5_yXW4