Quote of the Day

Tools    

The most violent element in society is ignorance. ~ Emma Goldman

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"I won't say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner. We used to write essays like: What I'm going to be if I grow up."

- Lenny Bruce

The most violent element in society is ignorance.
Um, I don't get it?

I've seen so many versions of that quote I'm not even sure what the original is... but I believe most of them are spin offs of this one....

You were born an original. Don't die a copy. ~ John Mason
Im not sure, it sure is an often used thought.

Here's one, from the great philosopher Johan Cruijff

Every disadvantage has got it's advantage.

And do check my "art": Deviant

@ 7th Son:

People fear what they don't understand (are ignorant of) and as a great Jedi once said:

Fear leads to Anger,Anger leads to Hate, and Hate leads to . . . . . . . . . . . . .Suffering. . . . .
-Yoda

Clarke's Three Laws:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

3.Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

"They [UFO's] tell us absolutely nothing about intelligence elsewhere in the universe, but they do prove how rare it is on Earth."

I am half agony, half hope.
You know, when I first went into the movies Lionel Barrymore played my grandfather. Later he played my father and finally he played my husband. If he had lived I'm sure I would have played his mother. That's the way it is in Hollywood. The men get younger and the women get older.

~Lillian Gish

Johann von Goethe

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
H. P. Lovecraft -
- Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.

Dolly Parton

Plastic surgeons are always making mountains out of molehills.

I wanted to be the first woman to burn her bra, but it would have taken the fire department four days to put it out.

I'm not offended by dumb blonde jokes, because I know that I'm not dumb. I also know I'm not blonde.

You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~ Mark Twain

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own tail. It won't fatten the dog. ~ Mark Twain

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
You don't know whether chimps are going to kill you or kiss you. They're very open on some levels and much more evil in a certain way.-Tim Burton

These kind of made me giggle, now that we've had our Dennis Quaid thread.

Dennis Quaid

I love acting and making your own luck. You have to recreate yourself, I guess. Although, I don't know how.

I want to work with great people. Great people really make you better.

I've done so many movies that when I see them I don't really watch them.

I am half agony, half hope.
Your hair may be brushed, but your mind's untidy.
You've had about seven hours of sleep since Friday.
No wonder you feel that lost sensation.
You're sunk from a riot of relaxation.

~Ogden Nash