Star Wars: The Force Awakens

→ in
Tools    

Boldly going.
What? I checked IMDb before making that post and the only person credited as a writer on Episode VIII is Rian Johnson (along with a "characters" credit for George Lucas)
Are we looking at the same webpage?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/..._ov_wr#writers

It's beside the point - it's Abrams's baby.

Welcome to the human race...
That's the page for Episode Seven. I thought we were talking about Episode Eight.

As much as I don't think Looper was any good, I can't really say it was any worse than JJ's Star Trek movie. I don't see how Ep. VIII can be any worse than VII, so I'll probably watch it in theaters opening week again. My expectations are really low. If it's any worse than my expectations I'll probably leave the theater, but I don't see how it can be. They're so low they're covered in mud. Like Lord of the Rings low. Like Harry Potter low. Like almost Jurrassic Park low.

My expectations are really low. If it's any worse than my expectations I'll probably leave the theater, but I don't see how it can be. They're so low they're covered in mud. Like Lord of the Rings low. Like Harry Potter low. Like almost Jurrassic Park low.
The benefit of pessimism is you're only pleasantly surprised.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
As much as I don't think Looper was any good, I can't really say it was any worse than JJ's Star Trek movie. I don't see how Ep. VIII can be any worse than VII, so I'll probably watch it in theaters opening week again. My expectations are really low. If it's any worse than my expectations I'll probably leave the theater, but I don't see how it can be. They're so low they're covered in mud. Like Lord of the Rings low. Like Harry Potter low. Like almost Jurrassic Park low.
Are you just one of those people that think that all summer blockbusters are bad?

They're so low they're covered in mud. Like Lord of the Rings low. Like Harry Potter low. Like almost Jurrassic Park low.
They should put that post in all dictionaries under the term "snob".

Welcome to the human race...
Eh, it is Harry Potter and Jurassic Park, while the Hobbit movies have used up more than enough of the goodwill generated by Lord of the Rings.

Optimism is when you have high hopes for something and are excited about it, not having low expectations.
Optimism has nothing to do with excitement. I have high hopes. I hope it's better than The Force Awakens, and I expect it to be better than Jurassic Park. That's optimism.

Man, you plebians are dense.

Meanwhile, you are an obtuse patrician.
Ha, whatever lets you sleep at night.

I may be pretentious and act like I'm a patrician, but I'm not obtuse. I resent that.