The Matrix is over rated!!!

Tools    

I have a genuine opinion.

I love Alien 3 and don't care what anyone says.

I also like Silent Hill... Man Of Steel... the Resident Evil series of films...

I'll mark down any film in a review on the technical side, but it doesn't mean I hate the film.
Jurassic Park is another example. Most people likes JP yet I hammered it in a review and rated it only 80%. I prefer Jurassic Park: The Lost World over the original film too, and only rated that 65%.

Waiting for the abuse now for saying I like JP:TLW over the first film. But, I don't care.

i have decided AdamHanks is actually a great poster, he is making things much more entertaining around here

I love Alien 3 and don't care what anyone says.
Of course you do. It's the only decent film of an otherwise **** franchise.

I also like Silent Hill... Man Of Steel... the Resident Evil series of films...
Yeah, well, no one's perfect.

In my opinion, Matrix (the first film) is a great film. Self-sufficient, conveying the idea to the audience quite beautifully actually... Anything beyond that is just unnecessary...

My problem lies in the fact that people have a fixed opinion on what's great and what's bad.People have been spoon-fed to accept "X" is a good movie and "Y" is a bad movie"Just don't like this concept
I'm not sure what this has to do with your claims about how you'll never let anything "influence" you and all opinions are equal regardless of the thought or experience put into them, nor how it has anything to do with the entire impetus for the discussion, which is whether or not you should think about watching some older films before throwing around phrases like "all time" to describe your favorites. All those arguments and questions are still just sitting there unaddressed.

It's also pretty weird to use the above concept to defend a relatively modern, overexposed film like The Matrix. It's not exactly obscure; lots of people sing its praises. If you're really so worried about people spoon-feeding you your opinions, or having them look so much like other people's, then you should be diving into some pretty obscure stuff, no?

It's also pretty weird to use the above concept to defend a relatively modern, overexposed film like The Matrix. It's not exactly obscure; lots of people sing its praises. If you're really so worried about people spoon-feeding you your opinions, or having them look so much like other people's, then you should be diving into some pretty obscure stuff, no?
It's overexposed to the public but there are many artsy movies that are obscure to the average film watcher but are much more popular among critic circles (like Beau Travail) and he is criticizing those specific films that appear to be held in high regard thanks to it's critical support rather than spontaneous popular reaction.

I personally find that there is a positive correlation between quality and popularity. Of course, correlation is not perfect by far but usually the proportion of great stuff among popular stuff is higher than in general. For instance, 2001, Star Wars and it's first sequel, The Godfather, Seven Samurai and Princess Mononoke were extremely popular movies and remain among the best I ever watched. While there is popular stuff that is rather bad (Transformers 3), obscure movies can do much worse.