Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Unregistered User
Not as much as me, mostly I think because she had a hard time understanding what they were saying. That frustrates her. But she said she liked it and paid attention the whole way through.
A quite like Ben Wheatley's stuff, apart from A Field in England but I'd like to give that another go. Recommend Sightseers if you haven't seen it already.

The Sadist. An Arch Hall Jr. film from around 1959 or so. Most of his movies were real dogs like EGAHH! and The Choppers, Wild Guitar and other forgettable epics. But they had a winner in The Sadist. Loosely based on Carl Chessman's killing spree back in the 50's. Very well put together, Hall's performance was really chilling, he looked and acted like a psycho.

A quite like Ben Wheatley's stuff, apart from A Field in England but I'd like to give that another go. Recommend Sightseers if you haven't seen it already.
I just read about Sightseers and watched the trailer. I remember seeing the trailer before it came out, but forgot about it. It looks very good; just put it on my to see list.

I saw the new movie, Captain Phillips, which starred Tom Hanks. I give it a 9.5 out of 10. It was a harrowing but very well-done film.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched Pacific Rim, it was okay, I guess. The concept was a little nonsensical but was an intriguing one. The idea of the dinosaurs being the first stage in the creatures that are now plaguing them in the movie, and whatnot. However, if you can make several giant robots that are almost congruent to the monsters, why not just make one robot that is bigger than all the monsters. And, why do the robots have weapons like swords that they only use on special-occasion? Whatever, entertaining flick, a sequel doesn't make sense, but I am still down for it.

Finished here. It's been fun.

8/10. Umm this movie it tough for me to explain. I was interested throughout, and it had this weird,hypnotizing aura about it. I thought Lost Highway was confusing, this is on a whole nother' level! I like the movie even though I think it flew over my head. What a mindbender though.If anybody who has seen the movie, and can give me their thoughts on it please PM me. I want to hear you guys' perspectives on it.

8/10. Umm this movie it tough for me to explain. I was interested throughout, and it had this weird,hypnotizing aura about it. I thought Lost Highway was confusing, this is on a whole nother' level! I like the movie even though I think it flew over my head. What a mindbender though.If anybody who has seen the movie, and can give me their thoughts on it please PM me. I want to hear you guys' perspectives on it.
I know this is the favorite movie of Donnie and Nausicaa, so those are the cats to try first.

persona, imo, is one of bergman's masterpieces (up there with fanny and alexander and the seventh seal). i think more highly of it than you, luke, but i'm glad you gave it a shot and you enjoyed it. maybe, with time, you will come to the light side.

may the force be with you

Unregistered User
About Schmidt - 7/10. Some really funny moments but overall i was a little disappointed. The hot tub scene was hilarious.

Gozu - 6/1. IMO the weakest Miike film that ive seen. What is it with breastmilk though?

Paris, Texas - 8/10. Harry Dean Stanton is brilliant. This one could figure highly in the 80's list.

Stalag 17 - 8/10. My first William Holden movie and this didnt disappoint. Some thrilling moments in this World War 2 drama. Excellent.

Room 237 - 5/10. Didnt get this at all, thought some of the interpretations were just stupid.

REWATCHES

Nightmare before Christmas -8/10
Coraline - 6/10

Up in the Air

Really good. I wish we had more movies like this. Simple script with top notch execution. I'm a fan of Clooney after this and Gravity.

8.5/10

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Gozu - 6/1. IMO the weakest Miike film that ive seen. What is it with breastmilk though?
That seems like a pretty good rating for his weakest film

Unregistered User
That seems like a pretty good rating for his weakest film
Weakest that ive seen. That has me comparing it to 13 Assassins, Audition, Ichi the Killer and Visitor Q.
Id say thats about right. I really liked first 3 and i thought Visitor Q was slightly better than Gozu.

Taxi Driver : 8.5/10
It's one of those films that is extremely good (I really loved the main character's development), but I can't rate it any higher because it didn't touch me personally.
I might re-watch it tonight, though. Beautiful ending, really shows you how we live in a weird world.

The Chronicals Of Narnia 1

Hackers - 7/10

That movie is so dumb, I kinda love it. 90s cyber fear! Nerds are cool! Don't miss the hacking montages! And floppy disks!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched the Mortal Kombat movie, and I have to say that it was exactly what I expected for it to be. Mortal Kombat was never that sensible of a story. It was always a silly concept, and so, you couldn't expect anything except for a silly movie to result from it. The Mortal Kombat video-game franchise is, of course, a video-game franchise, which allows for this kind of cheesiness to be fun, whereas the movie doesn't have that privilege. All the same, I was still entertained by the movie. It wasn't great, but I was amused.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Weakest that ive seen. That has me comparing it to 13 Assassins, Audition, Ichi the Killer and Visitor Q.
Id say thats about right. I really liked first 3 and i thought Visitor Q was slightly better than Gozu.
I think you missed my bolding