Original Song VS Newer Version, which is better?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I was listening to some music last night and thought this would be a good idea for a game, members post a song they love and also post the original version of that song or if you prefer the original over the newer version of said song and we could say which one we think is better.

I will start,

I love the original 'Close my eyes forever' by Lita Ford and Ozzy but I have to say I much preffer the newer version by Device Feat Lzzy Hale.

Newer Version

Original

Device is new Draiman band from Disturbed - used to be my favourite band.

Original:

Diamond and Rust (Joan Baez)

Remake:

Diamonds and Rust (Judas Priest)

The original was a bore while the remake surpassed the original even in the first seconds with that killer opening thrash riff!

Original:

Johnny Be Good (Chuck Berry)

Remake:

Johnny Be Good (Judas Priest)

Much better, heavier and richer.

Another set of cool remakes:

Never Satisfied (Judas Priest)

Never Satisfied (Armored Saint)

One of Judas Priest oldest songs, the original version is plagued by poor production and hence loses most of it's heaviness. Armored Saint recorded a very accurate cover but with modern amp technology and production, sounding just like it did on live Judas shows in the 1970's.

Exciter (Judas Priest)

Exciter (Gamma Ray)

Same procedure as above, a modern metal band recorded the exact same notes with modern production. Though the speed of the song appears to have increased a little.

It'll be sacrilege to some, but while I love the Stones version, I honestly think the GNR version is better.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Device is new Draiman band from Disturbed - used to be my favourite band.
Same here, I still love Disturbed and I think Device's first cd is awesome.

Original

Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in a jar

Newer Version

Metallica

Obviously Metallica's version is better IMO

Metallica's best cover is I Am Evil:

Original:

Cover:

It's also one of their best songs overall. The cover had a better production than the original but was overall pretty much the same.

The original 'Eve of Destruction' by Barry McGuire (CAUTION! scenes in this clip may upset some people)

But I prefer the newer version by The Screaming Jets - if you can get past the terrible video clip that doesn't suit at all.

Wow! Excellent examples!
The newer versions are usually worse though...
Another thing that counts is the voice of the singer. There may be one version sang in so different manner... Have to listen to quite a number to choose the one I love most. Are U doing the same?