Most Overrated Movies

Tools    

Well basically it is, cop gets assigned to take out some criminals who have started to kill people, obviously there is more to the story adding a love arc and such but essentially how I see it is just like "cops and robbers".

[quote=Karl Childers;36919] 2) Pulp Fiction - I never thought this film was too exciting. It had slick dialogue, but to me, that just made it seem even more unrealistic. quote]

This movie was always a favorite of everyone I spoke with but I never really liked understood it.

I understand that Blade Runner meant to be a cult classic but imo I don't see it

There's been a lot written over the years about Blade Runner's significance, its themes, its influence. If you can't see anything at all deeper going on than "cops and robbers", then you aren't even trying.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Even I don't see what many others see in it, and I've seen it 7-8 times, including when it first came out at the theatre (now that's a must), but even a curmudgeon like me gives it
, which is very high for me.

Even I don't see what many others see in it, and I've seen it 7-8 times, including when it first came out at the theatre (now that's a must), but even a curmudgeon like me gives it
, which is very high for me.
Ohhh don't get me wrong I do like the movie and I have seen it 4-5 times now as well but I never really understood what the hype was about. It is like when someone sets the bar too high and you were expecting brilliance but turned out to be below the hype. Like for me Chinatown imo lived up to the hype as I thought it was brilliant. I will still continue to watch Blade Runner but it wouldn't make my top 15.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
To me Blade Runner had an awesome neo-noir (tech-noir?) atmosphere, a lot better than any noir from 40s to me. Vangelis music and glorious cinematography (these shadows!) were all to build this atmosphere. I've seen it only once and probably will see it again soon. Besides technical brilliance it's got really interesting themes to it that didn't get outdated (maybe they became even more important now) and masterful performance (Tears in the rain) and a mystery involving i.e. the main character. It's a masterpiece
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Blade Runner is like a weird dream that doesn't make much sense but for some reason you can't help revisiting

Julia Roberts is a star.
Anyway, there are a lot of overrated movies - Forsage for ex....

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I don’t really like the Harry Potter movies mainly because I think the lead trio are rather boring. Grint is OK but is usually reduced to cheap comic relief, Watson overacts in nearly every scene, and if Radcliffe was replaced by a block of wood I doubt anyone would notice. I wouldn’t mind if the supporting cast got more screentime since Maggie Smith, Gary Oldman, Richard Harris for the first couple of movies, and even Tom Felton are much more fun to watch but we’re stuck watch Radcliffe phone in his lines for ~95% of the movies.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I don’t really like the Harry Potter movies mainly because I think the lead trio are rather boring. Grint is OK but is usually reduced to cheap comic relief, Watson overacts in nearly every scene, and if Radcliffe was replaced by a block of wood I doubt anyone would notice. I wouldn’t mind if the supporting cast got more screentime since Maggie Smith, Gary Oldman, Richard Harris for the first couple of movies, and even Tom Felton are much more fun to watch but we’re stuck watch Radcliffe phone in his lines for ~95% of the movies.
Wow, I thought they did great, really fit the characters from the book, and I think Radcliffe is insanely talented. To each his own, I suppose.

The King's Speech - completely generic in terms of plot and execution, and Colin Firth played basically the same character he plays in every movie

Platoon - good, but nothing special

~ "Am I still dead?" -- The Monkey's Paw -- October 8th

Iron Man trilogy.

I felt Inception was highly overrated, i saw it in theaters when it first came out, and the entire audience at then end of the showing stood up and clapped, whistled and howled, and i just thought, "Really???"

I have to disagree. For me, Inception was as good as promised. A fantastic sci-film film by Christopher Nolan.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood