Movies I DON'T want to see

Tools    

Why don't you want to see Jaws,Raiders or Gone With the Wind? You are seriously missing out with some of the films on that list the only one that i've seen and didn't enjoy is Avatar. It also seems a bid odd to me that Titanic is your favourite film but you wont watch Avatar.

Why don't you want to see Jaws,Raiders or Gone With the Wind? You are seriously missing out with some of the films on that list the only one that i've seen and didn't enjoy is Avatar. It also seems a bid odd to me that Titanic is your favourite film but you wont watch Avatar.

I think Spielberg is overrated, and Titanic is the only Cameron film I enjoy, Gone With the Wind looks so bland and really long than Titanic

I think Spielberg is overrated, and Titanic is the only Cameron film I enjoy, Gone With the Wind looks so bland and really long than Titanic
Gone With the Wind is in NO WAY similar to Titanic. You should see a movie first, before judging it.
It's not bland at all.

Saving Private Ryan is imo the greatest war movie ever made (yes, better than Apocalypse Now). And Jaws is pretty good too.

I used to have a similar list of films myself, and my list consisted of films like Star Wars, LOTR, Star Trek, Harry Potter, superhero movies etc. And this is one of the main reasons why I haven't seen many superhero movies, because I always felt I wouldn't enjoy them, and that they're not my thing. But how can I know before I've even seen them in the first place?

I've now changed my attitude towards the aforementioned films (in all likelihood I will give them a go this summer), and I've come to the conclusion that I should never make such a list, because it's not wise to judge a movie before you've even seen it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm very open-minded when it comes to watching films, so I'll most likely give a chance to a film even if I don't like its genre or director, but some voices inside my head tell me I might enjoy it. Sometimes, another schizophrenic voices tell me I won't enjoy a film and they are mostly right. However, when a film I thought I wouldn't enjoy turns out to be a great one, it's an outstanding feeling, so I always try to be eclectic and risk watching a so-called bad film hoping it may be good. Unlike watchlist, which consists of over 500 titles, I don't have a don't wanna see list. Since I just choose a next set of films I'm gonna be watching, say, for the next week, from my watchlist, I never really watch films I'm not interested in, which may be the reason, why I rate a lot of films very high.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

This list actually isn't too bad. The only films on here that I actually enjoyed were Saving Private Ryan and Jurassic Park. The opening to saving private ryan, when they storm the beach was absolutely insane!! Probably the most realistic depiction of the horrors and chaos of war. Thankfully I can't say for sure since I've never been there firsthand.

Gone With the Wind is in NO WAY similar to Titanic. You should see a movie first, before judging it.
It's not bland at all.
Personally I liked the 1953 titanic the best, although the film didn't become moving and powerful until near the end, it hit like a ton of bricks. (or maybe like an ice berg? haha)

But wow never seeing jurrasic park?? that scene where the t-rex chases after the jeep is just awesome haha.

How do you know if you don't want to watch Avatar?
I'm just not into action films that much

Even though you aren't interested in seeing it, Saving Private Ryan is one I'd still recommend if you're into war like movies at all. It was just so fantastically done. Jaws, of course is a classic, but I've known several people who never had interest in it and I myself as well. The only movie that comes to mind that I have little interest in is Brokeback Mountain. I heard it was a very well done movie, but call me crazy, I just have little interest in watching it.

Anchorman 2

I have absolutely no desire in watching any Harry Potter films. I did, however, really enjoy the Lord of the Rings trilogy after changing my viewpoints of these and later purchasing the extended special editions.

On the outside looking in.
I have absolutely no desire in watching any Harry Potter films. I did, however, really enjoy the Lord of the Rings trilogy after changing my viewpoints of these and later purchasing the extended special editions.

No interest in the Potter pictures, either.

On the outside looking in.

Not really missing much with AVATAR, but JAWS and RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK are absolute classics; you're really depriving yourself of some great entertainment by snubbing those.

The only Spielberg films I like are Tintin and Lincoln

I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing, but if you are serious about writing films then do yourself a huge favour and see at least some of the movies on that list. There is no harm in learning from those that have been there and done that.

For example, you will learn a lot about exposition (and so much more) from Jaws. You don't even realise you're getting the information because it is worked so seamlessly into the dialogue, and because you're enjoying yourself so much.

Raiders, what can I say? Timing, supsense, humour. Kasdan has the audience right where he wants them.

There might be some on that list that show you how not to do things, which is just as important.

I hope the people on here can sway you to give at least one of the movies on your list a go.