Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Bridget Jones's Diary - 8/10
It's a very nicely made film, and it's fun.

Not Enough Time
I'm going to try to remember all the ones I watched the past few days...

Lincoln - 8.5/10

I liked this movie a lot, the acting was impeccable and I liked how they showed the atleast somewhat reality of the politics, that he more or less bought and/or connived votes, which is probable. I am not a history buff so I can't cite specific examples of what is inaccurate, but I think even if it's not exactly correct, it showed the scenario in a likely valid way. I think it could have been done better, it was your basic historical film, and I thought there would be more of the rest of his terms instead of the narrow time period they focused on.

Silver Lining Playbook - 8/10

I loved the movie until the end, and ONCE AGAIN, it ruined it for me that it was a happy-ever-after ending. And it made them seem a little too normal for the circumstances. But I liked how it was different and used a volatile personality type in terms of a love story. But that's ultimately what it was, a love story.

Jim Gaffigan's Mr Universe - 9.8/10

I laughed so hard my jaw hurt. The only thing was he only used a few subjects (most of course were something to do with food), so at a couple points I was like "really? can we try something different?" but like I said he kept being funny so it worked. I have been trying to figure out for a while now what makes him so funny, and I don't know, all I know is he makes me laugh so friggin hard.

The Impossible(2012) - 10/10

I don't know how accurate this movie is, but it made me cry about 5+ times through out the movie. The cinematography was absolutely superb (#empirerecords lol). It felt so intense and real during the disaster. It's a little difficult for me to believe her wounds were THAT bad, but even if they weren't it's still amazing. The acting was great, Naomi Watts and Ewan MacGregor are two of my favorite actors. Tom Holland was fantastic, he is definitely going to be a star. I think it has been the most moving picture I've watched. The "wow" factor worked on me for sure.

Walk the Line - 9/10

Rewatch. Okay, so I know I've been complaining about love stories, and I know that this is a love story. But this one makes it so by the end of the movie even the worst cynic is just saying "just do it already!". Plus, Jaqouin Pheonix (sorry I can't spell his name) does an amazing acting job, and the extremes we see through the movie in every sense of all of the actors is done so well and so smooth it takes you on a ride you can really enjoy. I knew there was a reason I wanted to buy it, and I remembered after watching it. I'm not a huge Johnny Cash fan, and I think they left out a lot of his music that's a lot more country/folk which is less publicly appealing, so that's kinda messed up, but it worked for me because they featured the kind of music of his I like.

Crazy Heart - 6/10

This was in a double pack with Walk the Line. It was utterly disappointing. The only thing good about this movie was Jeff Bridges acting, the amount of whiskey being consumed, and some of the music. My score is generous due to the acting by Mr. Bridges. I didn't finish it, so let me know if I missed something important. I couldn't do it, I wasn't paying attention because I was so bored with it.

Daytime Drinking - 8/10

I watched this a while ago but never got to reviewing/rating it. Korean movie, first live one I've seen. I didn't particularly like some of the acting, but maybe because it was in a completely unfamiliar language. I really liked the directing, even while it was unexciting and monotone it still kept my interest, and I think the lack of soundtrack in many places made the shots more beautiful. The story was a bit slow, still, and like I said the acting was, in my opinion, pretty horrible for the most part. But I liked it, and for me to like a subtitled film means a lot.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Just got home from MONSTERS UNIVERSITY.

I actually found it to be better than the first and fans of the first film will see lots of little cameos that will make you smile from ear to ear!

It was a helluva lot of fun!

4/5

12 Angry Men

I wish there were more films like this. Only negative was some of the acting although most was great.

9/10

Fallen Angels

I didn't think there was a camera angle that WKW hadn't tried. I was wrong.

8/10

The Usual Suspects

Hadn't watched this since its release. To be honest I was a bit disappointed. When you know what is going to happen, you are left with a pretty standard crime movie. I liked it but without the surprises it's only good rather than great.

7/10

Not Enough Time
Life of Pi - 8.5/10
I am sorry I underestimated the hype when it was in theaters, because this is a movie that definitely needs to be screen on a big screen in a dark room (preferably while you're on some kind of substance). It could have done without the narration and that entire aspect where there are two people talking about the story. Completely unnecessary and in my opinion, detrimental to its effect. Also, a little too much "God" concept in there. And the big disaster is basically my biggest fear ever. Other than that I loved it. And I haven't looked it up yet but I'm pretty sure the animals were mostly digital, in which case, holy moley they did an amazing job.

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (2004) - 5/10
I used to think it was a good film, but seeing it just after the first one made me realise that there is nothing that special about it. There are a few good moments, but other than that, it's just a poor copy of the first film.

Charlie Chan Dark Alibi.

6.5/10.

Good Story. But Toler is horrible.

After the Rain

Kurosawa died during the making of this film and it was taken over by one of his assistants. Story of a kind samurai and his wife. A beautiful film both visually and thematically. She wasn't in it too much but the role of the wife, played by Yoshiko Miyazaki, captivated me.

8/10

Night of the Hunter

I think that this was the most amazing black & white movie I have seen from a visual perspective. However, the acting and elements of the plot were ridiculously bad. I could understand people giving this 10/10 but story and characters are the most important parts of a movie to me. Judging it on those things, it's not a good movie.

4/10

Night of the Hunter

I think that this was the most amazing black & white movie I have seen from a visual perspective. However, the acting and elements of the plot were ridiculously bad. I could understand people giving this 10/10 but story and characters are the most important parts of a movie to me. Judging it on those things, it's not a good movie.

4/10
Somehow, this one movie is something which i think overly over-rated. I would also rate it very low. Some of the suspense scenes were great. But overall did not achieve anything.

And, Kurosawa = Legend!

Independence Day - A+

Man On Fire - A+

Outstanding performances from the cast, great direction and soundtrack, superbly told compelling story, emotional and powerful... list goes on.

Not Enough Time
Kill Bill VOL2 - 8/10

Alright, FINE, I gave it 8/10. I don't think its that good, but its better than 7.5. I know some people may have been waiting for this and here it is. Admittedly, it is much better than I remember it being. I definitely mixed up Vol1 and Vol2 into one big movie memory. But still, it's not that great. I loved the beginning. I think the entire thing should have been done as a black and white/noir film. But it wasn't. I also loved the kung-fu homage. But, and correct me if I'm out of line, it seems like he Americanizes it too much, so it's almost like making fun of it. I can see QT wanting to not try and do a kung-fu, because it wouldn't do the old genre justice, but at the same time, it was over done. I hope Djano Unchained isn't like this because I'm looking forward to seeing it. Anyway, it wasn't bad. Uma Thurman was better in it than I remember her being in any other movie I've seen. I'd say - pretty good movie.

Thing To Come - 7.5/10

Same rating conflict as the previous. I liked it, I liked the dialogue especially. I liked the way the story moved. I liked the idea. But it was still kinda boring to me. I zoned out a couple times. I liked the first half better than the second half, music including. Not bad, but not great. Glad to have watched it.