Mood Indigo

Tools    

The next film from the wonderful Michel Gondry:

Audrey Tatou stars in Gondry's adaptation of Boris Vian's 1947 novel Froth On The Daydream (L'Ecume des Jours) with Romain Duris, Gad Elmaleh, and Omar Sy.

I haven't read the book it's based on but reading the plot of the actual book it's rather barmy sounding, just the sort of thing Gondry makes fabulous. Book has already been adapted into two films.

I've only Seen two of his feature films
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- 4 stars
The Green Hornet- 1 star

But this I will be looking out for, looks interesting from the very little I've heard of it

Chloé falls ill upon her honeymoon with a water lily in the lung, a painful and rare condition that can only be treated by surrounding her with flowers.
Barmy indeed! But that's what the indelible Mr. Gondry seems to do best, so I say bring it on. I will do nothing but look forward to this, hoping he regains his form after the disappointing Be Kind Rewind (I chose to pretend The Green Hornet didn't exist). Tautou and Sy being involved (loved the latter's performance in The Intouchables) is a huge bonus for me.

Gondry is a talented director, but he needs a good writer.
Second half of Be Kind Rewind was just too weak. Science of Sleep is the only non-kaufman of his I really like.

But he & Kaufman do make a winning team.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Those pictures alone make me want to see it.