Movie Tab

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
Dreamcatcher - Was going well until Morgan Freeman turned up. Really, was there any need for military in this movie? It just ruined it.

Put me in your pocket...
Stagecoach (1939)

The Heiress (1949)

8 Women (2002)

Phone Booth
Two Weeks Notice
Secretary
Transporter
Dutch

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Dutch (1991)
a.k.a. the new "Dragnet: The Early Years".

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Ha. I don't think Embry's enough of a pansy for that, but they do have a similar glare, don't they? Good call.

I just love Dutch. Ed O'Neill embodies his character through and through. Christopher McDonald got stuck playing the vaguely threatening villain once again, but he does it pretty well. I say shove Dr. Spock and his pointy ears off to the side, and base your parental philosophy on this flick.

I don't think Embry's enough of a pansy for that...
Guh? Embry and O'Niell do co-star, once again, in ABC's current rehash of "Dragnet", with Ed as Sgt. Joe Friday and Ethan as his partner Det. Frank Smith (like, as pictured above).

Dutch is definitely second-teir John Hughes, a tepid mish-mash of Planes, Trains & Automobiles and Uncle Buck. But it's watchable junk, anyway.

Two things:

1) You misunderstood me. I was saying he wasn't enough of a pansy to play Doyle.

2) HOLY CRAP. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WAS ETHAN EMBRY!

That is all. Carry on.

Yup, that was little Ethan Embry in Dutch....and All I Want for Christmas (with Thora Birch), and A Far Off Place too (with lil' Reese Witherspoon). He emerged as a teenager in Empire Records and That Thing You Do!, but he already had co-starring credits to his name as a younger kid actor.

Same guy.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I didn't know it was called 'Dutch' ! I'm sure it was called 'Driving me Crazy' or something similar.

It was indeed retitled the much more generic Driving Me Crazy in some other markets. That's what you get for living overseas. But the real title is in fact Dutch - the Ed O'Neill character's name.

just watched matrix to brush up and get ready for the sequel

Sliding Doors - I liked the way it made me think about it and revive the question "what if" in my mind

The Art Of War - Loved it personally. One of the Blade-boys best films.

Originally posted by Naisy
The Art Of War - Loved it personally. One of the Blade-boys best films.
Personally I think he was just trying to duplicate Rising Sun, which did a better job with the same sort of storyline/mood.

Originally posted by Naisy
Sliding Doors - I liked the way it made me think about it and revive the question "what if" in my mind

I saw that a few years ago and really liked it… had me wondering "what if" several times...

After Hours
"I'll probably get blamed for that."
1985 | Martin Scorsese
A++

Johnny English...boooring...i'm a big fan of Rowan in his Blackadder days (still watch episodes at least once a month), but this movie and the Bean movie were just.....weeeelll....NOT FUNNY

so to console myself i watched a favourite of mine....3000 Miles to Graceland...love it!!

Catch Me If You Can
"Two mice fell into a bucket of cream. The first mouse gave up and drowned. The second mouse kicked until he turned that cream into butter and walked out. Amen.

Spider-Man
"I forgot the part where that was my problem."