Ufc

Tools    

Like Martinez-Chavez? Pacquiao-Margarito? Pacquiao-Cotto? Mayweather-Cotto? Ezzard Charles vs every heavyweight he ever faced, often giving up more than 20 pounds. I can sum up about 100 more without looking for whatever source.

Everything you say just further adds to the fact that you have but a very slight clue what you're talking about, whether it comes to boxing or MMA. Tell me again about how I'm wrong about Marquez weighing in at 143.
You seem to be ignoring " all other things being equal " as well as the obvious difference in Marqueze's muscle size in the fourth fight.
As to MMA and boxing, you would be thouroughly schooled in both by me.
I am far from being an amateur like you, as I have frequently used both throughout my life. As a matter of fact, I started studying different forms of fighting while I was quite young. But those are just words. To really know me, you would have to experience me and that doesn't seem likely.
Our opinions may differ, but my come from practical experience whereas yours seem to come from something you may have read somewere or may have dabbled in a little bit.
And by the way Ezzard Charlez beat a few tomato cans that outweighed him but got KO'd By Jersey Joe Walcott, when he gave up 12 pounds and got KO'd by Rocky Marciano, who weighed a few pounds less than him, when it happened.
You would have been better off going with Archie Moore, a man with a much more impressive record, but even he certainly didn't beat " every heavyweight he ever faced ".

As to MMA and boxing, you would be thouroughly schooled in both by me.
Yes, you school me allm the time around here with your accurate predictions and facts regarding weigh-ins and meat eating.

And by the way Ezzard Charlez beat a few tomato cans that outweighed him but got KO'd By Jersey Joe Walcott, when he gave up 12 pounds and got KO'd by Rocky Marciano, who weighed a few pounds less than him, when it happened.
You would have been better off going with Archie Moore, a man with a much more impressive record, but even he certainly didn't beat " every heavyweight he ever faced ".
A few tomato cans? Like Elmer Ray, Jersey Joe Walcott and Joe Louis? He lost twice to the Rock when he was FAR past his prime and those two bouts are widely described to be among the toughest Marciano ever had. He damn near hit Marciano's nose off in the second one.

Archie Moore having a better record? Charles beat him thrice. He was the greatest light heavyweight ever, who started campaigning at heavyweight because he couldn't secure a title shot in his actual weight class. You can make a good case for Ezzard Charles ranking among the five best boxers ever.

What was Marciano weight when he was Heavyweight champion?

What was Marciano weight when he was Heavyweight champion?
When the Rock was 187 he knocked out Ezzard Charles, who weighed 192,5 pounds.
The Rock Tko'd Joe Louis. He weighed only 184 against Louis's 213 3/4 pounds.

Since Brod keeps bringing up Ezzard as the smaller guy that beat bigger guys, I'll take Mickey " Toy Bulldog " Walker ( 94 - 19 with 60 ko's ) any day, as he fought bigger guys more often than Ezzard (93 - 25 with 52 ko's ).

Yes, you school me allm the time around here with your accurate predictions and facts regarding weigh-ins and meat eating.

A few tomato cans? Like Elmer Ray, Jersey Joe Walcott and Joe Louis? He lost twice to the Rock when he was FAR past his prime and those two bouts are widely described to be among the toughest Marciano ever had. He damn near hit Marciano's nose off in the second one.

Archie Moore having a better record? Charles beat him thrice. He was the greatest light heavyweight ever, who started campaigning at heavyweight because he couldn't secure a title shot in his actual weight class. You can make a good case for Ezzard Charles ranking among the five best boxers ever.
Ezzard Charles the greatest light-heavyweight ever??? Please.
Leon Spinks, Michael Moorer and Bob Foster were all better than him.

Ezzard fought at Light-Heavyweight 31 times and was 28-3 ( with losses to Jimmy Bivens, Loyd Marshall and Elmer Ray ). He fought Jersy Joe Walcott at 181 and won a UD and then later wiighed 182 against Walcott's 194 and got KO'd in the 7th round.
Michael Spinks was 27-0 when he gained close to 50 pounds to fight Larry Holmes at heavyweight and he beat him twice.
Michael Morer was 21-0 as a LHW, stepped up into Heavyweight and reeled of 5 straight KO's and continued to win as a heavyweight, was 34- 0 when he beat Evander Hollyfield.
Bob Foster was 56 -8 with 6 of the 8 losses fighting against heavyweights as a light-heavy. He had 46 ko's as a light-heavy.

Archie Moore 185 - 23 ( 131 ko's )
Ezzard Charlez 93 - 25 ( 52 ko's )

Not even close!!!!!!!
Brian Nielsen 64-3 (43 KO's)

Evander Holyfield 44-10 (29 KO's)

Clearly, Nielsen has the better record. It's not even close. This clearly makes him the better fighter.

Ezzard Charles defeated Archie Moore 3 times, establishing himself as the better fighter. He beat every LHW he faced when the division was loaded with great fighters. He avenged his losses, knocked out Marshall twice, cruised past Bivins thrice and KO'd Elmer Ray. Only guy you could argue was greater than him was Gene Tunney.

Moorer, lol.

Brian Nielsen 64-3 (43 KO's)

Evander Holyfield 44-10 (29 KO's)

Clearly, Nielsen has the better record. It's not even close. This clearly makes him the better fighter.

Ezzard Charles defeated Archie Moore 3 times, establishing himself as the better fighter. He beat every LHW he faced when the division was loaded with great fighters. He avenged his losses, knocked out Marshall twice, cruised past Bivins thrice and KO'd Elmer Ray. Only guy you could argue was greater than him was Gene Tunney.

Moorer, lol.
Yeah, Gene Tunney, but he's mostly remembered for beating Jack Dempsey twice. His only loss as a LH was to Harry Greb, who he beat 4 other times and he also beat the great Georges Carpantier.
As far as Ezzard beating Archie 3 times, we weren't talking about who was the better fighter between them, Ezzard clearly had his number. We were talking about who fought bigger guys and who had a more impresssive record. Archie won twice as many fights as Ezzard and had 2 and 1/2 as many knockouts. He also had less losses. He holds the record for most KO's in boxing history (131), which will probably not be surpassed in this century. Hell yeah, he has a better overall record.
He held the world Light-Heavyweight title 3 times and knocked down Rocky Marciano.
Ezzard did hold the World Heavyweight Title. He was one of only 3 men to beat the great Joe Louis. His notable fights were against Rocky Marciano, in which he lost one by decision and was KO'd in the other one.
His other claim to fame is beating Jerzy Joe Walcott once but he also lost to him twice, one by KO.
As for the quality of his Light Heavyweight opposition , it wasn't all that. I wouldn't call Bivins, Ray and Marshall great fighters.
Archie Moore is clearly recognized as the more impressive fighter and your nut-hugging of Ezzard doesn't change that.
I go with fighters like Stanley Ketchel and Salvador Sanchez, whom you can't argue against.

Just in case you didn't get my point, Ezzard Charles's greatest accomplishments came as a Heavyweight, certainly not as a Light Heavyweight, as you claim, so he definitely was not the greatest Light Heavyweight ever, so yeah, you got schooled on this one. Any time you have a need to know more, don't be afraid to ask. I'm always willing to contribiute and consider yourself lucky I'm not charging anything.

Yes, you're right as always

Have fun running the thread, champ.

Yes, you're right as always

Have fun running the thread, champ.
Thanks, but no thanks, I couldn't handle the responsibility. I'll leave the running to pundits like you. Besides you would need to school me on the usage of absolute words such as "always" and "never" and I fear I would not be able to absorb that, as they are not a part of my customary vocabulary.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Who you guys going for the weekend.

Ime putting £20 on Cain Valasquez, Okami and Jim Miller

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Cain is the man. I knew Cain would set the pace of this fight his way but I didn't expect such domination, he really took it out of Jds.

It's all in the reflexes.
Cain is the man. I knew Cain would set the pace of this fight his way but I didn't expect such domination, he really took it out of Jds.

Yeah that over the top right in the first was great very surprised at how Cain controlled this fight. Congrats on your bet too, that Miller fight was a bloodbath, just wish Lauzon took more risks like in the last round with that flying leg lock could've opened up some chances, but can't take anything away from Miller's first round, dude was holding nothing back.

Man, this has been a terrible year for me as far as MMA is concerned.. Thanks God for college football.
Cain was ferocious and so was Jim Miller. Got to hand it to JDS and Lauzon for not quitting nor getting stopped.
I think Shane Carwin would match well with Cain because of those hard short uppercuts but he'll have to wait his turn.
Lauzon vs. Warner would be a good re-match.
I see Overeem stopping Silva and getting a shot at Cain. Cain is a beast but he's no Jon Jones in his division. He is a little pit bull.
Funny thing, while I was watching the JDS-Cain fight at Palace Station, Vegas ( Fertidas had it broadcast from MGM ) a fight broke out in the crowd around me. I had to deck a couple of guys just to get out of the way. I busted my knuckle on someone's forhead. By the time security came, I was gone and Cain had won. Christmas cheer.

Just watched Cain/JDS. JDS didn't look himself at all... not to take anything away from Cain who was the same way in the first fight.

Cain reminded me of Tyson this time around. He has the same thick thighs, the same head movement and the same way of throwing bombs that start at the heel. His striking is way different than it was a year ago. I don't think it's on par with JDS's striking but he was more effective with it this time around even if it's not as elegant.

I would love to see a Cain vs Cormier fight. Right now those two seem to have the most potential to my eye.