Did Joe Pistone make his own movie from Donnie Brasco instead of Johnny Depp?

Tools    

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum!
I believe in the true story Donnie Brasco move, Johnny Depp acted for Joe Pistone as the undercover agent for the FBI? Are there any movies that Joe Pistone his self in the Donnie Brasco acted instead of having someone acting on his role. Basically, did Joe make his own movie his self as undercover instead of having someone acting for him, and Joe would be based on a true story? If so, what movie or movies would they be?

Thank you,

Thank you! I wish he really did have his own movie. When you said he's under witness protection. Do you mean they are trying to get witnesses on happened in the mafia? Or what do you mean?

Semper Fooey
It means he is living under an assumed identity with government help so the mob doesn't try to hit him.

I'm pretty sure he's still in witness protection. So, tmk, no.
They don't put under cover agents in " Witness Protection " but the government sometimes does help them re-locate and/ or retire, if and when their cover is blown. Some guys stay on the job, irregardless. They just don't do any more under cover jobs but continue working in other departments.
It's very rare for the mob to put out a contract on a known police officer, even when they are dirty.
They may get killed in the line of duty ( while under cover ) but once they come out, they are pretty much left alone.
There is just too much heat and costly consequences and the mob knows that.

Cheers for that, CA.

It seems that there was a $500,000 open contract on his head, but the FBI went to NY and told the Mafia bosses that it wasn't worth it because they had so much evidence that removing him wouldn't help them at all.

Cheers for that, CA.

It seems that there was a $500,000 open contract on his head, but the FBI went to NY and told the Mafia bosses that it wasn't worth it because they had so much evidence that removing him wouldn't help them at all.
That kinda explains the ending scene in which the agents finally rat him out.I never knew that.

I don't think so. But I wish he make the movie.