Overrated Actors

Tools    

Willis is a decent actor, but does anyone actually rate him? He's shown that he can do it when given the part/script, but I don't think anyone puts thinks of him as a great actor. Movie star? Yes. But not actor.

I really liked Cage in National Treasure, though.
The first National Treasure was good. The second was decent. Ghost Rider and stuff are the films that he has been making that suck.

Willis is a decent actor, but does anyone actually rate him? He's shown that he can do it when given the part/script, but I don't think anyone puts thinks of him as a great actor. Movie star? Yes. But not actor.
I agree. I am pretty neutral on him. He can act though. He was excellent in Moonrise Kingdom. Maybe now that he is older he will do more dramas. I have never heard of anyone calling Willis a great actor. A movie star for sure. Good actor yeah. But not a great one.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I also liked Cage in the National Treasure (particularly the 1st). Didn't have much against the 1st Ghost Rider movie. Just a average popcorn flick.

Willis is alright in my book.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Willis is pretty damn good, in my opinion. He's taken roles in many different genres, and has proven himself to be a pretty skilled actor, for the most part.

Semper Fooey
Laurence Olivier.

You take away the British accent and all the Shakespeare movies and what do you have?

Has anybody here actually sat all the way through Hamlet?

Everyone is over rated

This is probably going to be a controversial pick, but I think I'm going to go with Daniel Day Lewis. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is a good actor, but I don't think he's someone whose talent cannot be rivaled, like many do. I think he's a solid actor, though I often find his performances to be too ostentatious and over the top. A good example of this is his performance in "There Will Be Blood." Because his performances are so over the top, I find that they sometimes lack realism, and that lack of realism takes me out of the performance. A good actor? Yes, but in my view, overrated.

This is probably going to be a controversial pick, but I think I'm going to go with Daniel Day Lewis. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is a good actor, but I don't think he's someone whose talent cannot be rivaled, like many do. I think he's a solid actor, though I often find his performances to be too ostentatious and over the top. A good example of this is his performance in "There Will Be Blood." Because his performances are so over the top, I find that they sometimes lack realism, and that lack of realism takes me out of the performance. A good actor? Yes, but in my view, overrated.

I think Daniel Day Lewis is one of the greatest actors of all time. Could be the best current actor today. The man prepares for a role like no other.

I think Daniel Day Lewis is one of the greatest actors of all time. Could be the best current actor today. The man prepares for a role like no other.

You have appauling taste in actors.

You have appauling taste in actors.
Or it could be I have great taste and you don't (calling Johnny Depp overrated shows that)
Daniel Day Lewis has
Been nominated four four academy award and won two for There will be blood and my left foot.
Has been nominated for five British Academy of the arts awards and has won three for there will be blood, gangs of new york, and my left foot.
Has been nominated for six golden globes and has won one for there will be blood.
Won a National board of review award for a room with a view and my beautiful Laundrette.
Has won two National society of film critics awards for there will be blood and my left foot. Came in second place twice for in the name of the father, a room with a view and my beautiful Laundrette.
Has been nominated for three SAG awards and won two for gangs of New York and there will be blood.
Has been called the greatest actor alive.

If I have bad taste in actors, then I rather have that then what some consider good taste.

Well by the sounds of that post, your jumping on a bandwagon and follwing what the powers might be declare to be good actors. Do you have your own opinions or do you just continue to follw those who have been nominated for awards?

I brought up his achievements to back up my opinion of him maybe being the best actor right now.

Personally as an actor I think he amazing. His devotion to his work ethic. Some people say he can be over the top sometimes. But look at his characters especially in There will be blood and gangs of New York. Those are over the top characters to begin with. His ability to blend into a role is second to none. Which is why he is so respected. Calling him overrated is like calling Robert De Niro or Al Pacino overrated. He is one of the greats.

Awards btw recognize an actor or actress when they give a great performance. Anyone who has been nominated for an academy award is a good actor in my book (yes Keira Knightley is a good actress).

Have you seen the Boxer? They reckon he trained like a fighter.