Favorite Bollywood Movies

Tools    

I recently saw two Indian movies so I might as well do an Indian movies list. If you guys have anything of note to add, it will be appreciated:

7 Khoon Maaf
Mumbai Meri Jaan
Ab Tak Chhappan
Apaharan
Asoka
Bandit Queen
Before The Rains
Bombay
Chandni Bar
Company - Indian version of the Godfather
Dil Se
Earth
Ek Hasina Thi
Fire
Guru
Kama Sutra
Kurbaan
Lagaan
Maachis
Mr. & Mrs. Iyer
Nayagan
Omkara
Parinda
Parineeta
Pinjar
Race
Salaam Bombay
Sarkar
Sarkar Raj
Satya
Sehar
Silent Waters
Slumdog Millionaire ( In English - Danny Boyle dir. )
The Terrorist
Three Walls
Vaastav
Virasat
Viruddh
The Warrior
Water
Nice list i like it. I have watched some movies in this list.

buntybubly.com

Love most of the stuff posted here, I have yet to see Water & The Warrior.

I would also like to add:

Jaagte Raho
Matrubhoomi
Road, Movie
Eklavya
Chameli
Ek Chalis Ki Last Local
Dil Dosti etc

I had read recently read some Rudyard Kipling. So I rented Lagaan because I wanted to see a film that was set in the period of the British Raj. As soon as it appeared to be a musical, I was bummed. But I decided to give it a chance.

I was mesmerized by the costumes, songs, and expressive, (if not sensual) dancing from the women. Great story, romance, and exciting cricket match, and perfectly complimented by the musical numbers. Loved this film!

I had read recently read some Rudyard Kipling. So I rented Lagaan because I wanted to see a film that was set in the period of the British Raj. As soon as it appeared to be a musical, I was bummed. But I decided to give it a chance.

I was mesmerized by the costumes, songs, and expressive, (if not sensual) dancing from the women. Great story, romance, and exciting cricket match, and perfectly complimented by the musical numbers. Loved this film!
Yeah, once in a while that musical combo will work ( Laagan) but what I don't like in some Bollywood movies is when they get all serious and dark and then break out the song and dance routine and then go back to serious and dark. For me, that just doesn't work.