What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Love in the Time of Twilight - one of the last "major" Tsui Hark movies I still haven't seen. One of my favorite directors. Out of Print region 2 PAL dvd.
Went on a bit of a DePalma spree too; 3 favorites bought cheap:

(black hawk down is okay too -- good deal).

Got these (and some others) in a going out of business sale a while back. Can't remember if I mentioned them or not:

(Criterion edition for $3!)

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've been going Blu Ray-tastic over the festive season. Circulating my Amazon wishlist amongst a few select buddies proved a masterstroke and my shelves are now laden with HD Ealing Comedies and Bridge On The River Kwais. Oh yeah, and Cross of Iron and das Boot as well. They're all DVD upgrades.

In the sales today I bought:

The last two are rare beasties indeed - HD DVD upgrades.

Sudoku Blackbelt
I got these last night out of the $5 bin at Walmart. The best money I've spent in a while.

Why I got them? Five bucks! Plus, I'm a dork who'd rather watch documentaries than sit through 'regular' TV.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Made out like a bandit @ Best Buy this past weekend:

Why did I buy them? They were $10 a piece!

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Darn it, picture link is broken.

Here's the list of Blu-Rays I picked up:

The Fifth Element
Gattaca
Moulin Rouge
Ronin
Watchmen
Coming To America
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Beetlejuice
Braveheart

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
X Men First Class

Sanctum

Picked these up as recommended viewing for my 'Fantasy & the Fantastic in Film and Literature' class:

Moon
The Company of Wolves
Nosferatu
Blade Runner
Fight Club
(which I've seen, good excuse to finally buy it though)

and these just 'cause:

Seven
Chicago
Pulp Fiction
Battle Royale
Bruce Almighty
Community: The Complete First Season
Mad Men: Seasons 1-4

Your "just 'cause" list is a lot better than the other. My advice with The Company of Wolves is just to do your best and try to stay away from Angela Carter whenever possible.

Which version of Nosferatu, BTW? As it's for a class, I'd assume it's the 1922 version.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It's trickier than that. Herzog made two versions of Nosferatu, one in German and one in English (not dubbed).

Which version of Nosferatu, BTW? As it's for a class, I'd assume it's the 1922 version.
It's trickier than that. Herzog made two versions of Nosferatu, one in German and one in English (not dubbed).
Of course, I should have been more specific. It's F.W. Murnau's original 1922 version:

When I was a kid in the 1970's, I remember watching some of the classic TV shows with Mom and Dad: M*A*S*H,Hawaii Five-O, All In the Family, Rockford Files.
So the last DVD I bought was season three of MASH. It was more for reasons of nostalgia. Ya' know, a simpler time. Happy times with parents and siblings

When I was a kid in the 1970's, I remember watching some of the classic TV shows with Mom and Dad: M*A*S*H,Hawaii Five-O, All In the Family, Rockford Files.
So the last DVD I bought was season three of MASH. It was more for reasons of nostalgia. Ya' know, a simpler time. Happy times with parents and siblings
I adore MASH, especially the later seasons with B.J.

last DVD I bought was season three of MASH.

Masters of Cinema are fabulous, our version of Criterion more or less. I've got that Nosferatu one too, brilliant brilliant cover.
I like the Masters of Cinema editions of Pitfall, The Face of Another, and Vengeance is Mine better than their Criterion counterparts.