Great films you just can't re-make

Tools    

I didn't read ALL of the posts, but, if I'm not mistaken, they are making a Top Gun remake.

god father true classic

No film should be remade, in my personal opinion, unless it is done so under the supervision of the original film makers and is done so to improve upon what has already been provided, not to simply capitalize on it. In particular, if a movie is credited as being a classic or a masterpiece I don't think a studio should even attempt to remake it (The Crow is one of these). This doesn't mean I don't enjoy some remake, in the past I have enjoyed:
-Dawn of the Dead (2004)
-The Thing (1982)
-Little Shop of Horror (1986)
-A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
-The Fly (1986)

The Godfather(No one can replace Al Pacino,Marlon Brando)
Scent Of a Woman(No one can replace Al Pacino)
Pulp Fiction(Quentin Tarantino's direction style...it can't be copied)
Rain Man(No one can replace Dustin Hoffman)

definitly top gun

To Kill A Mockingbird, Goodfellas, and Inception (Of course).

Once upon time in mumbai is great hindi movie and superb acting by ajay devgan. in remake no one act better than ajay devgan.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Having just watched Oldboy, I'm going to have to go with that, even though I know a remake is in the works. More importantly, if anyone has a clue as to why Hollywood has this persistent need to remake films, I would love to know.

More importantly, if anyone has a clue as to why Hollywood has this persistent need to remake films, I would love to know.
Do you not read my posts? I've answered this question about five times. I'll do it again if you'd like though.

scareface

Having just watched Oldboy, I'm going to have to go with that, even though I know a remake is in the works. More importantly, if anyone has a clue as to why Hollywood has this persistent need to remake films, I would love to know.