Three Men and a Baby

Lion King

Semper Fooey
Cheaper by the Dozen

Not...The Stepfather

Put me in your pocket...
I'd like to add to the Dad day mix....

The Courtship of Eddie's Father (1963)
Single handsome dad has his hands full with his matchmaking son. Really cute and well done. The matching part reminds me a little of Sleepless in Seattle, and that the son and father have different ideas of what best for him (the dad), but that's it. At least Shirely Jones is living across the hall and not on a different coast.

Fanny (1961)
Excellent story of doing what's right for a child and sacrifice. Lots of emotions at play from selfishness to selflessness. Leslie Caron, Maurice Chevalier and Charles Boyer are excellent. Very touching.

And for the lighter side...The Reluctant Debutant, The Parent Trap and Cheaper by the Dozen ( both 2004 & 1950).

For darker/controlling/colder dads maybe...

The Big Country (1958) or The Heiress (1949)

Liar liar is a good one.

I always had a warm spot for the dad portrayed by Robert Duval in The Great Santini. My old man dropped out of high school and went to work in the East Texas oil fields when he was a kid, joined the Air Corps weeks after Pearl Harbor and was a gunner on B-24s in the Pacific theater. He was a hard man--not as hard or controlling as Santini, but expected me and my brothers to toe the line and take responsibility as we were growing up. In my teen years, I was the only one who go up against my old man in a fight. Since I was trying to fight him like a man, he respected me in that he didn't pull any punches--he would bust me good! But he was fair in his treatment of me and I never for a moment doubted his love for me or mine for him. He was my first hero and still is. Taught me how to be a man and a father. One hell of a guy!

For some reason every father's day me and my dad watch Lethal Weapon.

First thing you have to understand when picking a movie your dad would like to see and that is your dad doesnt want to see some mushy heartwarming crap. Its your dad, and he wants to see something with balls. Yknow kinda like those pickup trucks have them hanging off their trailer hitch.

Some easy ones are if he likes westerns then Unforgiven, Silverado, etc... If hes a sports fan then if its Golf go Tin Cup, baseball go Major League or For The Love Of The Game, and only Bull Durham if the first two arent available. Field Of Dreams is too mushy.

The best fathers day movie that came out last year was about one badass dad -

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I always had a warm spot for the dad portrayed by Robert Duval in The Great Santini. My old man dropped out of high school and went to work in the East Texas oil fields when he was a kid, joined the Air Corps weeks after Pearl Harbor and was a gunner on B-24s in the Pacific theater. He was a hard man--not as hard or controlling as Santini, but expected me and my brothers to toe the line and take responsibility as we were growing up. In my teen years, I was the only one who go up against my old man in a fight. Since I was trying to fight him like a man, he respected me in that he didn't pull any punches--he would bust me good! But he was fair in his treatment of me and I never for a moment doubted his love for me or mine for him. He was my first hero and still is. Taught me how to be a man and a father. One hell of a guy!

Damn good movie. I haven't seen it in about 11 years but loved it when I did watch it. Caught it on AandE or some such channel back in high school.

Field of Dreams is one of my very favorites.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Kevin Bacon in My Dog Skip.

[Referring to the leg Jack lost in combat]
Willie Morris: Does it ever itch or hurt, like it's still there?
Jack Morris: Yes, it hurts.
Willie Morris: But they gave you a medal for it, didn't they?
Jack Morris: I'd rather have the leg.

Is white trash beautiful
Happy Fathers day to all the daddys out there.

Best dad ever!!!

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Rodney Dangerfield in several scenes in Natural Born Killers is another classic example of a not so good father, but brilliant and hilarious performance out of him.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Rodney Dangerfield in several scenes in Natural Born Killers is another classic example of a not so good father, but brilliant and hilarious performance out of him.

I think this is viddy's viddy. Click on Watch on YouTube when it shows up in the center after you click the "Play" button.

"Otac na službenom putu" or "When Father Was Away on Business" directed by Emir Kusturica!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I actually watched Excalibur last night because it has a lot of father-son "relationships". It's always been one of my fave movies, but I never really remembered crying during it the way I did last night.