What Is The Last DVD You WATCHED?

Tools    

Cannibal Girls (Ivan Reitman, 1973)

Snail paced, confusing nonsense about young couple passing through small town who end up at a restaurant with only one thing on the menu. This has a few scattered chuckles, some nudity, and tame gore sequences (which were preceded by a warning bell when originally shown in theatres). Andrea Martin is pretty good as Levy's girlfriend in distress, but Ulrich steals it as the gleefully sinister patriarch to said girls. Just about worth a watch, but only for fans of early 70's drive in fare and Reitman completists.

I've seen Dolls. I remember really liking it. Isn't that the one where a man (or maybe a woman?) waits years and years for his spouse or old lover in a park or something? I think there might have been several stories going on in the film. Oh, well, I remember really liking it and wanting to see it again. I think it was very beautiful visually. It's been about 6 years since I've seen it.

Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later

I really liked the acting talents of Jamie Lee Curtis, Adam Arkin, Josh Hartnett and Michelle Williams. I like the story of Jamie Lee's character, Keri Tate/Laurie Strode. Not a big fan of the Michael Myers aspect -- his mask looks stupid in this -- but it's nice that it's not a non-stop slash and kill movie. A decent opening murder scene with a lot of time to get to know the characters before all hell breaks loose. One of the better Halloween sequels, though not the scariest.

I heard that one of the popular versions out right now (probably the one I saw) was a cut shortened by 15 minutes. I wonder if your DVD has anything about that claim.

And to be honest, Thor probably has just a tad more re-watch value than 13 Assassins. Not that re-watch value is necessarily indicative of anything (other than buying a DVD).

wintertriangles dolls is my film

i've just watched "ikiru" by akira kurosava , it was wonderful.. masterpiece)

Thinking about it...
"Transsiberian", directed by Brad Anderson.
Except for the stereotyping, it's an interesting movie.

+1
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

All About Eve - 5/10

All Quiet on the Western Front- 7/10
I ask more in hope than expectation, but which version of AQotWF did you see?

I also echo mark's for both ratings. Especially All About Eve.

I Am Number Four
Unbreakable
Road to El Dorado

Here, There and Everywhere

Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Red Dwarf Series 2 - still a classic show.

BTW I can't get pics to show up when I link them, just a red X appears. Oh well.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I ask more in hope than expectation, but which version of AQotWF did you see?

I also echo mark's for both ratings. Especially All About Eve.

1930's regular version, HK. There was just something about All About Eve that I couldn't find myself enjoying either. Honestly I was quite shocked myself, but it's another one of those "not my cup of tea" movies

Last Movies seen:
Dr. No- 7/10
Gridiron Gang- 6.5/10