War movie title needed

Tools    

Hello everybody, I would like to know this movie very bad. Remember watching it a really long time ago, so I only have few cues:
- it takes place in a desert, may be the gulf war or similar
- in one scene main character X meets antagonist (supposedly) B, B whistles to X's dog, it comes to him, X whistles back, dog comes back to him. It goes back and fourth, until dog goes to B and steps on landmine near him. B blows up with the dog
- the ending scene is on a seaside, it's pretty dark (early morning or evening), X walks off with huge sea mines washed ashore
- somewhere in the film guy drives a truck through the desert screaming, because he's afraid of mines. The "safe" trail of previous vehicle has been removed by wind

overall the movie is about some guys escaping from desert, which has had a war or the war is still going.

Please, if you have any idea of what film it could be, reply.
thanks a bunch

Isn't it Waltz With Bashir (2008)? That's the only film that ran through my head, with that description. I'm not much sure though, since I don't remember the film exactly.

nnnno... it wasn't cartoon, and i remember watching it in like 5th or 6th grade... it must be created before 2005 or around that time. thanks for the reply nonetheless! appreciated