25th Hour

→ in
Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I just saw this about 3 days ago. It's really good, especially the performance by Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who threatens to be more memorable than Edward Norton, who plays the film's main character. It's the best movie I've seen so far in 2003, which, I know isn't saying much, but still, It's pretty good. The 9-11 subtext was a little bit tacked on, but at the same time, it didn't distract from the movie too much. This is a definite must see.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

i just saw it today and i loved it

I thought it sucked. The plot sucked, it was way too long, and the social-political statements were obviously contrived.

Showing an image of ground zero and a bunch of American flags does not make a movie good. Going on a rant filled with racial sterotypes does not make a movie "artsy" or "meaningful."

My bottom line: They tried way too hard to have a message.

American History X and Higher Learning have messages, this movie does not.

Don't waste your money.

Originally posted by aspen
I thought it sucked. The plot sucked, it was way too long, and the social-political statements were obviously contrived.

Showing an image of ground zero and a bunch of American flags does not make a movie good. Going on a rant filled with racial sterotypes does not make a movie "artsy" or "meaningful."

My bottom line: They tried way too hard to have a message.

American History X and Higher Learning have messages, this movie does not.

Don't waste your money.
What was the message, then? And out of curiosity, what were the "socio-political statements" that were being made, in your opinion?

There wasn't any message, it tried really hard to have a message, but it failed.

And did you not see the movie? Do you not remember a 15 minute monologue that in some twisted way was supposed to preach tolerance? When the rest of the movie has nothing to do with tolerance.

Don't mistake crap for art.