Connor Macgregor Reviews Thread

→ in
Tools    

I thought Mama Mia was a horrible musical. I realize spontaneous singing is pretty much unavoidable but it seemed like the writers did very little to tie the songs into the story.

I guess you have a point though. And yes Brosnan was horrible.
Still a good film though..

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Phonebooth

Seeing this for the first time was like seeing a really famous painting...and wanting to see it more.

Stu Shepard is an arrogant publicist who thinks he has the whole world in his hands. Every day he uses the same phone booth to call the woman he is cheating on his wife with. But on the last day, before this particular phone booth is demolished, the phone rings. Stu naturally answers the phone, only to find the caller on the end is an invisible sniper who knows everything on Stu, including his relationships. The caller now has Stu as his hostage, who demands he comes clean with his wife.

This film is almost modern day masterpiece. Colin Farell gives an amazing performance as a slimeball exposed in the worst way possible. He is literally fighting for his life and to do that he must be perfectly honest with himself. And the man behind it all is Keifer Sutherland. You never see Sutherland until the end. Throughout the film its his voice that does the acting. You could recognise Keifer`s voice from anywhere. He is an actor with an ability to do anything. In Phonebooth , this has to be one of his best roles in his career and that is no joke. Katie Holmes is also very good but in my opinion underused. Same with Forrest Whitaker.

I love how it mostly takes place in one avenue. I mean its meant to be in New York City but in actual fact it was Los Angeles. But still Phonebooth is a modern day suspence film which makes you be drawn in with characters and story. Its a must see.

Rating - 90% - A-

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Animal Farm

George Orwell is quite possibly one of the greatest fiction writers of all time...he tells my type of stories. Dark stories that you know no light could come out of. Animal Farm is possibly one of the darkest stories i have ever seen.

Britain's first animated feature, which, despite the title and Disney-esque animal animation, is in fact a no-holds-barred adaptation of George Orwell's classic satire on Stalinism, with the animals taking over their farm by means of a revolutionary coup, but then discovering that although all animals are supposed to be equal, some are more equal than others...

Animal Farm is one of those films that will easily fool you with the poster. You take your kids to see it expecting a cuddly fun kids film. Instead you get a dark masterpiece that will scar your kids for life. Me i never saw it until now. This Film is one of the most incredible stories ever written. It tells the story of revolution becoming the order. The Leaders of rebellion becoming the dictators of the future. This is how someone becomes a greedy dictator. The power of the story makes this film so fantastic and memorable that it may even scare you that this sort of thing could happen and happen to any country to any power.

There isn`t really any acting. Just a narration and this narration is chilling as sin. Amazing narration and makes the story much more clear of what is going on. The Animation is splendid. Really effective dark colours used to make the film incredibly dark and murky. Gordan Heath is amazing as The Narrator.

This film should be seen as it is one of the darkest stories ever told in cinema. You must see it.

Rating - 84% - A-

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Scary Movie

The Parody Movie that started quite possibly some of the worst comedies in recent history...but is it itself bad ?

A group of teenagers including Cindy Campbell and Bobby Prinze, accidentally hit a man when driving, and dispose of the body, but now they are being stalked by a very recognisable masked killer. The victim count increases, whilst Cindy must survive the carnage that has she has seen in so many films before.

Scary Movie should not have been made , because now the parody genre is itself a joke. But this film is funny and very clever at times. Its attempt to parody horror movies is well paid off and does bring some unique humour to the story. They even make reference to the characters being in a movie which i think is great.

Anna Faris plays the lead or "The Final Girl" as it is well known Cindy Campbell. Most of the names are references from horror movies. Buffy Gilmore played by Shannon Elizabeth and Bobby Meeks. Never the less the acting is pretty ok but nothing stand out. My favourite character would have to be Shorty as he is quite possibly the most twisted character in the whole film.

The Killer is pretty funny as well. He does different jokes and the writers try to shape some sort of personality. But never the less he is a killer and we don`t really take a guess of who the killer is. And when you find out who it is , they rip out a very infamous ending.

Scary Movie is funny , but ultimately ruined the parody genre with films like Disaster Movie. Thanks so much.

Rating - 76% - B+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...St. Trinians

People of America...I give you life in a girls British School...and trying to make it funny.

St Trinians proudly continues to represent the unacceptable face of British education. When the new Minister of Education announces he will personally sort the place out he doesn't realise either the enormity of the task or that the headmistress is an old flame. The school is anyway threatened with closure by their bank; with the staff clearly a waste of space the girls realise the responsibility to save the day falls on them. Perhaps a painting popularised by Scarlett Johansson might be the way out?

Quite bad this film is. First of all , almost every pupil in the film is over 21 (Gemma Arterton anyone ?) and it shows in the film. The Plot is just stupid as hell. They have to steal some jewel or whatever to repay their debts and to do that they must win a quiz show hosted by the immortal Stephen Fry (Legend). Never the less the comedy isn`t that funny and the schoolgirls just look like poledancers trying to look good. Colin Firth does put in a good performance but Rubert Everett is just creepy as The Headmistress.

Overall , really rubbish film with an unrealistic look at out of control school children.

Rating - 28% - C-

Connor Macgregor Reviews...District 9

Quite possibly One of 2009`s most surprising hits and most acclaimed film of the year.

In 1982, a massive star ship bearing a bedraggled alien population, nicknamed "The Prawns," appeared over Johannesburg, South Africa. Twenty-eight years later, the initial welcome by the human population has faded. The refugee camp where the aliens were located has deteriorated into a militarized ghetto called District 9, where they are confined and exploited in squalor. In 2010, the munitions corporation, Multi-National United, is contracted to forcibly evict the population with operative Wikus van der Merwe in charge. In this operation, Wikus is exposed to a strange alien chemical and must rely on the help of his only two new 'Prawn' friends.

After seeing it for the first time , i was so happy i wanted to see it again. This film was one of the most original sci fi films i have seen in a long time. Its a great story about aliens being the victims instead of the destroyers. Its so emotional that you care for these creatures and the horror and torture they are going through because of these greedy corperate humans. Sharlto Copley who plays the lead is just fantastic and a very underrated performance. But to me the show stealer was the aliens. They look incredible and proof that 3D effects is not needed to create a film with heart and action at the same time. The Story is great with a mix of drama and comedy as one man fights to be with the people he loves.

District 9 was and still is my favourite film of 2009 and for years to come , it will be remembered maybe as a sci fi classic.

Rating - 92% - A

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Freddy Vs Jason

This Film is either loved for its stupidity or hated for its stupidity. Either way its a film i would like to talk about.

It's been nearly ten years since Freddy Krueger terrorized people in the dreams, and the towns folk want to keep him erased from their memory. Freddy still has one more plan on getting back to Elm Street. He resurrects Jason Voorhees and sends him off to kill. The more bodies which fall to the ground, the stronger in which Freddy becomes. This is until, Freddy realizes that Jason isn't going to step aside easily, and must be taken down himself.

This film is stupid as hell. I know i said Jason X was fun but FVJ is just very stupid. The Acting isn`t good at all. Not one character is redeemable in this film. The Main Character played by Monica Keena looks like Britany Murphy. Her backstory is pointless and it would have been darker if Freddy killed her. Besides the whole film is a borefest. The Battle at the end is pretty redeemable but the ending of it was just a crap in the face.

This film is boring and flat as it possibly could be. Isnt scary and isn`t at all terrfying. Rent it for some cheesy fun.

Rating - 36% - C

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Alice Upside Down

Its stupid,flat and badly acted...it can only be a Straight To DVD Film.

Still mourning the death of her mother a few years back, ALICE McKINLEY finds her life seriously disrupted when her father BEN buys a store and moves her and her older brother LESTER to a new town. In the painful throes of adolescence, Alice has a rough time adjusting to her new school, especially after she gets the stern MRS. PLOTKIN as her core teacher. Feeling shy and isolated, Alice frequently escapes into a vivid fantasy life that occasionally gets her into hot water. But with a little unexpected help from Mrs. Plotkin, Alice learns not to judge by appearances or jump to conclusions. More importantly, she confronts her father over his inability to accept their loss and move on into the future...

This film is pretty much what a DVD children`s film gives you. Bad child acting and a story so dumb and so silly that you feel like banging your head against a table. Alyson Stoner is the star of the film and she gives you a very calm and easy performance. Obviously famous in The Cheaper By The Dozen Franchise (Recent ones) i had the biggest crush on her for years. But never the less she acts ok here. The rest of the cast is fairly good. i particulary like Penny Marshall as the mean teacher who lets face it isn`t mean in the slightest.

Not much i can say but this film is a dumb DVD film with a kids plot , amateur acting and pretty bland directing. Buy if you are really really bored.

Rating - 40% - C

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Daybreakers

First film i saw this year...and is one of my favourites.

In a world 10 years into the future, vampires make up the vast majority of the population with only 5% of the human race remaining. This presents particular challenges as the vampires' food supply - human blood - is dwindling and rationing is now the norm. There is growing evidence that vampires deprived of an adequate blood supply are themselves evolving into wild, vile creatures that attack anyone and anything in order to survive. Dr. Edward Dalton, a vampire and hematologist who works for a pharmaceutical firm, has been working on finding an artificial blood supply that will meet the vampire society's needs. He is sympathetic to humans and sees his work as a way of alleviating their suffering but his views on finding a solution change considerably when he meets someone who found a way to transform himself from being a vampire to again take human form.

Daybreakers is a original and excellent film with dark gothic stories about the human race ending and the vampire race rising. Its a story about survival and thirst for blood. The Vampires live life normally like humans would , but instead Night is Day and Day is Night. It isn`t apocalyptic at all and feels very dystopian at times.

The Performances are very well done. Ethan Hawke is very good at playing a character that hates being a vampire and wants to make a difference to society. Willian Dafoe is always excellent and in this film there is no question how good he is. But Sam Neil stands up in this as being generally a creepy character. He does things in this film which are generally quite shocking and that you wouldn`t likely see them in other vampire films. But this isn`t another vampire film.

I love the lack of colour and the use of mostly black and blue in this film. It makes the film more darker and more less lifeless. Also the cinematography is great as it makes the film fresh and exciting to watch. Never the less Daybreaker has its scary moments that make me jump a lot.

Overall Daybreakers is one of the best i have seen this year so i give this a big recommendation.

Rating - 87% - A-

Connor Macgregor`s Horror-Thon
1 - Psycho

I`m sort of ripping off Cinemassacre here by setting myself a task of watching horror films for the next 30 days. But it started last night on my birthday when i sat down to watch a horror classic...Psycho.

Phoenix officeworker Marion Crane is fed up with the way life has treated her. She has to meet her lover Sam in lunch breaks and they cannot get married because Sam has to give most of his money away in alimony. One Friday Marion is trusted to bank $40,000 by her employer. Seeing the opportunity to take the money and start a new life, Marion leaves town and heads towards Sam's California store. Tired after the long drive and caught in a storm, she gets off the main highway and pulls into The Bates Motel. The motel is managed by a quiet young man called Norman who seems to be dominated by his mother.

In what was the birth of the slasher genre , Psycho is easily of the most important films for the horror genre as well as for the 60s. It is incredibly chilling and the black and white makes the film incredibly spooky and unsettling. Janet Leigh pulls off an unstoppable performance as Marion Crane. Her character is the star until the infamous "Shower Scene" where Hitchcock throws the book out the window and does things his imaginitive way. Not many people in this film. Its a small cast but the film works well around them.

The hightlight of the film is Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates. Norman is a friendly person who is trying to keep his declining business afloat. He seems friendly but a bit off. There isn`t something right about him. There seems to bit something on his mind when we first see him. But his character is the main character and the real star of the story.

Hitchcock`s directing is just fantastic. Everything seems so fresh and so exciting and he brings a very interesting approach to the story. He is quite possibly one of the greatest directors of all time. Psycho has also one of the most incredible twists of all cinema. I won`t reveal it (Because (A - Everyone knows it and (B if you don`t know it see the film) but never the less find Psycho , watch it and tell me that it isn`t a masterpiece because i think it is.

Rating - 100% - A+

Connor Macgregor`s Horror - Thon
2 - The Final Destination

3D annoys me. First it was interesting...now its just in your face. Tonight i am going to take a look at one of those 3D films that never should have happened...and sadly it did.

In a car race in McKinley Speedway, the teenager Nick has a premonition of a deadly car crash with many casualties in the audience and convinces his girlfriend Lori and his friends Hunt and Janet to leave the place. They are followed by the security guard; a racist guy; a mother with her children and a mechanic, that are saved from death. When the racist guy and the mother die in mysterious and creepy incidents, Nick and Lori research and find many similar cases in Internet. They try to lure The Ripper to break the chain of deadly events and survive, but destiny does not help them.

This film is trash. It falls in the same traps that the other Final Destination films did. Firstly , There`s no character development at all. You just take a bunch of good looking 25 year olds and basically pick them off one by one. Thats how Final Destination pretty much works. The only two characters i like are Hunt (Nick Zano) and George Lanter (Mykelti Williamson,24) and sadly lets just say those two characters didn`t live happy ever after.

The 3D SUCKS in this film. Its terrible and makes the film look like a pirate copy when you throw the glasses on. the 30% colour loss is staring you right in the face and apprantly the producers wanted the 3D to "Make The Film More In Depth and for you to care about the established characters". Sorry Its a gimmick and will remain a gimmick no matter which acclaimed director uses it.

Overall Terrible Waste of time please don`t see it. Thank you.

Rating - 14% - D+

Connor Macgregor`s Horror Thon
3 - 28 Weeks Later

Some Sequels don`t work for many reasons. 1. they are made for money or 2. They don`t have a good idea. Never the less here is a sequel that works all on its on.

In the country nearby London, Don, his wife Alice and a few survivors live hidden in a farmhouse. When infected people break in the house, Dan panics and does not help his wife to escape, running away and leaving Alice trapped inside the room. Twenty eight weeks after the outbreak that annihilated the population of Great Britain, London is considered safe and the British survivors return under the coordination of the American Army, that keeps the city under permanent surveillance. The teenager Tammy and her younger brother Andy travel back from Spain to live with their father Don in London. They miss their mother and decide to escape to their old house to retrieve pictures and some other personal belongings. However, they find Alice surprisingly alive and the Army brings her to the base. After some blood test, the biologist Scarlet discovers that Alice is a carrier of the lethal virus and somehow has immunity to it...

28 Weeks Later is more of a survival horror than zombie horror. I dont really think this as a zombie film but yet i did for the first film. A lot of people say The Americans ruin the British feel of it but to me i still feel its a brittish film. The story is good and engaging and you care for the characters. Also the effects on The Infected are a lot better than the first film.

As for performances , Robert Carlyle is very good despite him being not on screen as much. Rose Byne as also very good as well as Jeremy Remmer. Aside from that the kids were ok. I like Imogen Poots as Tammy but the little kid i am kind of torn on. I think he is just one of those other child actors who can`t act but looks cute enough.

Overall 28 Weeks Later is a good sequel that doesn`t need to stand next to its predecessor to be good.

Rating - 73% - B+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Wall Street

Because i will be seeing the new Wall Street Film tommorow, i felt i should go out and buy the first one to understand where the second one is about...here is my review on Wall Street.

Bud Fox is a Wall Street stockbroker in early 1980's New York with a strong desire to get to the top. Working for his firm during the day, he spends his spare time working an on angle with the high-powered, extremely successful (but ruthless and greedy) broker Gordon Gekko. Fox finally meets with Gekko, who takes the youth under his wing and explains his philosophy that "Greed is Good". Taking the advice and working closely with Gekko, Fox soon finds himself swept into a world of "yuppies", shady business deals, the "good life", fast money, and fast women; something which is at odds with his family including his estranged father and the blue-collared way Fox was brought up.

Wall Street to me is a very interesting potrayal at how greed keeps people going. Its about how anyone would do anything to get to the top and Charlie Sheen`s character is the true example of someone who is lured into greed. Michael Douglas clearly stands out as being the best in the film because you can tell that greed owns his soul and that he doesn`t have anything else on his mind besides being more powerful and wealthy than anyone else in the world. I am also terribly dissapointed in Daryl Hannah`s performance. I thought she could have been used more or had better development. But also Martin Sheen and John C McGinlay are both great in this film particulary Martin Sheen who i never get tired about.

Oliver Stone`s direction shows a very upbeat and upscale New York which i didn`t really see when i visited in 2008. New York is shown in a way like a jungle , only with money and men with suits instead of lions and the colour green. Wall Street is an amazing example of Wall Street itself and how Greed is in us in , whether you are poor or rich , you always want more.

Rating - 82% - A-

Connor Macgregor`s Horror Thon
4 - Near Dark

Here comes along a vampire film with a different sort of vibe and story. Featuring some of the best 80s Star, Near Dark is one of the most underrated films of the 1980s.

In Phoenix, the young cowboy Caleb Colton meets the beautiful Mae late night in town and she asks for a ride to her trailer. It is near dawn and Caleb brings Mae that is in a hurry; he asks for a kiss and she bites him on the neck. Caleb's truck does not start and he walks home. However, when the sunlight hits him close to his farm, he starts to burn. His father Loy Colton and his sister Sarah witness a van that appears out of the blue and kidnaps Caleb. He is introduced to Mae's family: the leader Jesse Hooker, his mate Diamondback, the cruel Severen and the boy Homer. In common, all of them are predator creatures of night that need blood to survive. However, Caleb refuses to kill and Mae gives her own blood to him to keep him alive. Meanwhile Loy and Sarah are looking for Caleb; when they meet each other in a motel, Caleb has to choose between his beloved family or his love for Mae.

Of all The Vampire films ever to be made , Near Dark is one of the most underrated. Played by amaxing actors , it creates an eerie creepy sort of meesy feeling to it when the vampires show up. They are your typical cliche vampires. Scared of the light , suck blood etc but they act incredibly different. They act like a biker gang or a neighborhood gang , they just don`t act like any other vampire would at all and that`s why they are incredibly different.

Bill Paxton stands out as being excellent in this film. He is a bit similar to his role in Aliens but he still pulls out a great and disturbing character out the bag. But to me the standout performance is Lance Henriksen. Henriksen has never let me down in any of the films i have seen him in. He has a unique prescense that only he can pull off. The character is chilling and dark and shows no signs of being a good person. He just wants to hurt people and make them suffer.

The direction by Kathryn Bigelow is great. She is a very unique and intelligent director and has a lot more incredible work than most men have now in the business. She has a great vision for the film and it makes the setting so out of place with most 80s films you see usually.

So Near Dark is a great underrated horror film. You may think its something else but to me its a horror cult classic.

Rating - 91% - A

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Wall Street : Money Never Sleeps

So i have seen the first film and just saw The sequel. Here is my review.

As the global economy teeters on the brink of disaster, a young Wall Street trader partners with disgraced former Wall Street corporate raider Gordon Gekko on a two-tiered mission: To alert the financial community to the coming doom, and to find out who was responsible for the death of the young trader's mentor.

Firstly this film is very good. Michael Douglas can still play a dark , greedy character like Gordan Gekko. Douglas is one talented actor that has played many great roles in his career and Gekko is one of his best. Shia LeBeouf is also good. I don`t understand why a lot of people don`t like him because i think hes the next biggest thing in Hollywood. Carey Mulligan was great and her american accent was very convincing and for a while i thought Mulligan was american. Its amazing how far her career has gone. Just 5 minutes ago she was on Doctor Who and now she is in films with Michael Douglas for crying out loud. Josh Brolin was great , and i reckon he is very underrated in Hollywood. But to me , The Cameo by Charlie Sheen made me smile because its great that Oliver Stone hasn`t brushed the sequel aside. I wished for a Martin Sheen cameo too but thats greedy...

Stone`s direction isn`t as strong as the first film but its good enough for me to be engage in the characters. Wall Street 2 is a good enough sequel that isn`t ruined or ruins the original. It stands out as a good film itself.

Rating - 82% - A-

Connor Macgregor Reviews...2001 : A Space Odyssey

Its one of the most important and incredible films the medium has ever produced. Its iconic , inspiring and changed a genre forever...this is 2001 : A Space Odyssey. The Incredible Sci Fi Experience by one man. His name...Stanley Kubrick.

"2001" is a story of evolution. Sometime in the distant past, someone or something nudged evolution by placing a monolith on Earth (presumably elsewhere throughout the universe as well). Evolution then enabled humankind to reach the moon's surface, where yet another monolith is found, one that signals the monolith placers that humankind has evolved that far. Now a race begins between computers (HAL) and human (Bowman) to reach the monolith placers. The winner will achieve the next step in evolution, whatever that may be.

Firstly this film amazes me. Its the evolution of man and how they find their place in the universe. 2001 is a look at how the species of man evolve and discover new things from a simple weapon to an entire galaxy of wonder. Kubrick`s direction gives us iconic and amazing shots that could not be possibly done in 1968, but my god he did it and it looks fresh and awe inspiring. The Effects , The Silence and The Atmosphere are all incredible things that make the film incredible to watch and keep your eyes glued till the very end.

Hal 9000. What a creation. A Robot that is merely following orders. Yes he is a villian in some sorts but he doesn`t know that. Never the less he is chilling. That red eye alone gives me the chills as you know there is something very sinister inside Hal. Its the greed of the executives. They programmed Hal to make him do the horrible things he does in the film and to that length , It isn`t Hal who is the villian , its the people who made him.

The Effects are some of the best i have ever seen especially the end sequence. Never has there been an incredible sequence in cinema than that. Its fascinating and i could watch it over and over and over again.
2001 is a masterpiece in almost every aspect. Its directing , acting , music and effects. I give this a very high recommend and i ask you now to see the greatest Sci Fi Film of all time.

Rating - 100% - A+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Up In The Air

I saw this film recently not expecting much...instead i was treated to one of the most underrated movies i have ever seen.

Ryan Bingham's job is to fire people from theirs. The anguish, hostility, and despair of his "clients" has left him falsely compassionate, living out of a suitcase, and loving every second of it. When his boss hires arrogant young Natalie, she develops a method of video conferencing that will allow termination without ever leaving the office - essentially threatening the existence Ryan so cherishes. Determined to show the naive girl the error of her logic, Ryan takes her on one of his cross country firing expeditions, but as she starts to realize the disheartening realities of her profession, he begins to see the downfalls to his way of life.

For starters Up In The Air is a fantastic film. Its the story about a man that has isolated himself from his family and friends and spends his life making other people`s lives horrible. Then comes Anna Kendrick who shows him that life is worth living for. Kendrick puts in a wonderful performance which makes me forget all about Twilight and just focus on her as a actress. She has a fantastic talent that could take her incredibly far in the business. In far she was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Award for this role.

Then i move on to Vera Farmiga. Just a great character she plays with quite a fantastic twist at the end. One that i didn`t see coming. Vera is a underrated actress that can pull off almost anything. She is so multi layered and has something hidden but you just don`t know what until the end. Never the less a sensational performance that blew me away.

But to me the standout performance was George Clooney. He has had quite a career but this is quite possibly going to be his best performance since his ER Days. He is a man trying to be alone and isolated. He does his job like its a way of life. When Anna Kendrick comes along , he for one moment snaps out of his daze and sees life for what it is... a chance to be happy. Clooney plays a sad lonely man and i guess he feels comfortable with who he is , but Anna Kendrick is like an angel showing him that there is more to life than firing people. Never the less Clooney is fantastic in this film and its Clooney , Kendrick and Farmiga.

Up In The Air is the best film of 2009 and one of my favourite films i have ever seen. See It!

Rating - 100% - A+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Alien

Its one of the most memorable sci fi films of all time. It introduced us to a iconic female heroine and one of the most horrifying creatures in our medium...this is Alien.

When a mining ship lands on a planet to investigate upon a suspected SOS, the entire crew are unaware of the terror which they would unleash upon their ship. When a alien life-form attach's itself to the face of a crew member, the rest of the team act fast to try and separate the two organisms. Unbeknownst to everyone, this is the start of the terror which would affect every member of the seven person crew.

Alien is one of the most iconic sci fi films ever made. It feels like you are deserted and something dangerous is coming. The pacing is slow and that is really why the film works. We are in space and everything takes its time instead of being thrown right into the action. It builds and builds and continues to build until its dramatic and shocking climax which is both scary and haunting.

The creature itself looks fantastic. Chilling , Gooey and Deadly and my god it knows how to kill. Its playing a game with the crew where one by one the alien kills them off. I also love its name. The Xenomorph. Its such a great title for a great creature. I also love the sets. The whole ship looks great and the planet also looks very dark and mysterious and holds something very dark on it.

The Characters are all great. The best of course is Ellen Ripley played by Sigourney Weaver who carries the majority of that film especially at the end when she is literally the last man standing. The last 30 minutes of the film is all her carrying that final act and my god its scary because you want her to succeed but anything could happen. It could be a happy or a sad ending ?

The Chestbuster Scene is a very scary scene and brings chills down my spine every time. I wish they would make great scenes like this again.
Alien is a sci fi classic which has everything a sci fi should have. Whoever hasnt seen this film...should see it.

Rating - 100% -A+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Aliens

In 1979 , Ridley Scott made Alien and became one of the scariest Sci Fi Films ever made...but then in 1986 , a sequel was made and changed everything.

After colonist, Ellen Ripley survived her disastrous ordeal. Nobody believed her story about the "Aliens" being on the planet LV-426. However, approximately 50 years later, the colony on LV-426 was completely destroyed. The government has decided to send Ripley out of cryostasis and to aid a team of tough, rugged space marines into the desolate planet to find out if there are aliens, or survivors. But, what Ripley will begin to realize that her worst nightmare is about to come true.

Aliens is quite possibly the film that cemented Cameron`s excellence as a storyteller. Aliens builds up characters you grow to like and put them in very dangerous and war like situations. The only two characters to return are Ripley & Jonesy (The Cat). Apart from that its a whole new cast and cast gradually built up nicely and carmly. Michael Beihn is the one i like the most because you can relate to him the most where as the others have some sort of gimmick to them. But you still like them all including Bill Paxton as Hudson. A character with a cocky attitude but deep down does have a heart. Also how can`t adore Newt. The Little girl who survived the onslaught of the Xenomorphs and now must fight another wave with marines by her side.

The Aliens are more gooey and sinister this time around. I say Aliens because there are more than one , more like a whole ****ing army to fight off. The Queen Alien however was incredible. Massive , Deadly and was ready for a fight with Ripley. The final 20 minutes are some of the best on film. Intense , Engaging and Dramatic at the same time. The Queen Alien is a great great creation in cinema.

Aliens is not just one of the greatest Sci Fi Films ever made , but the greatest sequel of all time. Beats the first by a square mile and cementing Cameron`s career forever.

Rating - 100% - A+

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Pretty In Pink

Remember when Teen Comedies were actually funny and hade interesting characters...well John Hughes did and he made some of the best Teen Films of any generation. I am gonna review one of his bests...Pretty In Pink.

Young Andie is one of the not-so-popular girls in high school. She usually hangs out with her friends Iona or Duckie. Duckie has always had a crush on her, but now she has met a new guy from school, Blane. He's one of the rich and popular guys but can the two worlds meet?

For starters , the characters are very good. Molly Ringwald was a great screen prescence to watch back in the 80s and in this film she gives it her all. She plays quite a likeable character with her own personality. Molly`s dad played by Harry Dean Stanton was apprantly high on drugs while filming Pretty In Pink and can`t remember ever shooting the film.

I also like Jon Cryer in this film. He is so much different from his role in Two And A Half Men and looks a lot younger but really hasn`t changed that much if you have noticed.The One scene i will love him for was the dance scene which i won`t say anymore on , but to me it was just comedy gold.

I do like the story in it too. The Rich kids in the film can be spoilt bastards at times. But still its very enjoyable and entertaining and John Hughes`s writing is very witty and keeps you with the pace of the film.

Overall Pretty In Pink is a solid Teen film with great characters , story and comedy moments.

Rating - 81% - A-