Awesome trailers that are not just clip montages?

Tools    

Hello everyone,

I posted this question on another forum, but didnt get many replies and was hoping everyone on here could help!

One of my favourite movie trailers of all time is the 1979 Alien trailer (available on youtube), primarily because it features footage filmed primarily for the trailer (the fantastic alien landscape and egg), interspersed with short clips of scenes from the film. This made me wonder, are there any other trailers which feature footage solely filmed for the trailer, and are not just the typical montage of the best scenes from the movie?

Some examples I know are the trailer for 'The Comedian' and another film which is played in fastforward for the trailer (the name of which I cant remember...).

Can you guys suggest any other trailers like this?

Many thanks

~Loves a good classic movie~
Short and scary.....

The first thing we saw was "in space, no one can hear you scream" - and that was it.
When they first started showing the trailers for Aliens, they started out with just a
teaser, and then as time went by, they added more.

REAL LIFE

THE MINUS MAN
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Some examples I know are another film which is played in fastforward for the trailer (the name of which I cant remember...).
That one is for Albert Brooks' The Muse (1999), but I can't find it online anywhere. It is on the original R1 DVD. It's the "teaser" as there is a second, traditional trailer using clips. But the teaser, like the trailer for Albert's Real Life (1979) that I posted above, has Brooks addressing the audience directly. He's on the stage at a movie theatre and explains there is a new scientific process. The text of the spot goes like...

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, or to you older folks or those of you who never pay full price for anything, good afternoon. I'm Albert Brooks. On August 20th of this year I have a new movie opening up called The Muse. It stars myself, Sharon Stone, Andie McDowell and Jeff Bridges. This movie is so funny that to show you a normal trailer simply will not do it justice. So with the help of NASA, the National Institute of Human Behavior and Harvard Night School we are going to attempt to show you this entire film in fifteen seconds. If this process works, your brain should absorb all of the funniest moments without really knowing any of the story, and your desire to see the film in real time should, and I'm quoting our researchers here, 'Go through the roof.' Chills. OK, those of you prone to seizures, now would be a good time to step out into the lobby and get a little more butter for your corn, or you can look down at your shoes. And one last thing, we haven't perfected the audio part of this experiment yet, so I will be doing that live, right here, with my own mouth. OK, here we go....love that part....that was tough to shoot...gee, Sharon's good there...... Well, there it is. Pretty damn funny, huh? I hate to toot my own horn but have you ever seen me better? I don't think so. That's it! Now according to our researchers, you should not only want to see this film in real time, you're actually going to have to. Your brain is now in what science calls a 'wound state'. If you don't see this material slowly you could go insane or die or even worse. Thank you very much. And by the way, this experiment, it doesn't just work for comedy. I saw Titanic last week in eleven seconds: cried like a baby."

The problem that I continue to have with modern trailers is that they pretty much give you the whole jist of the movie and what's going to happen... so much in fact that all you really have to do is connect the dots and then you know what's going to happen. The thing about trailers is that you want them to give you a preview, a sneak peek if you like, of what the movie is about. The audience doesn't need to see what's going to happen, just the basic storyline.