Celebrities/moviestars you've seen or met in person

Tools    

I reckon we've all been in that situation where we see of even meet a moviestar. Share them here!

I myself have seen Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson some years ago when they were in Bruges to do their scenes for In Bruges. Farrell was just taking a stroll in the outer city. I barely recognised him because he was wearing huge sunglasses. Then me and my (ex) girlfriend followed him for a while until I thought: Wait... I'm following someone. This is creepy and I would be pissed myself if I noticed some dude was following me.

So I mustered up my courage and just approached him as he was waiting to cross the street. I figured it would be best not to talk about how much I like him as an actor, so I just asked how he liked the city. Then I blurted out: I love your sense of fashion. Even though I must've come off like a nervous fan (which I am), he was very friendly and easy-going. My girl then took a picture of us and that was that. I'm still pissed that I lost it when my old laptop crashed.

Then later that day, i saw Gleeson standing in line at a McDonald's. I was standing right behind him and was lucky that he turned round for a moment. I said something like: Wow I saw Colin Farrell earlier today and now you're here. How often in your life do you get to meet 2 moviestars in one day huh! He was pretty friendly too, told me he loved Bruges but that he didn't have much time for sightseeing due to the hectic filming schedule. And then his food was ready and we said goodbye.

I've met/seen some more celebrities, but I'm not using up all my powder in one visit .

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
When i was a kid I was a fanatic for the TV show Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges (imagine an action drama about a scuba diver, LOL). I went to a restaurant in New York, and there he was. I got crazy and started pointing and screaming and he patted me on the head. Never forgot it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Boy, I know we've got this Thread someplace else. Let me search here...

It's been dead for about two years now, but here it is.

P.S. I don't have to imagine "Sea Hunt". I watched it as a kid, and Lloyd Bridges was one of my mom's favorite actors. Imagine how shocked she was when she saw Airplane!.

As for "meeting" celebrities, some I was introduced to but most I just talked to. In this category are:
Willie Nelson, Mel Torme, Jane Fonda, James Whitmore, Reba McIntyre, Rita Moreno, Kirk Douglas, Fred (Mr.) Rogers, Paul Hogan (we bumped into each other rounding a corner) Ginger Rogers, Gaven MacLeod, James Drury who played the Virginian on TV and one of the bad guys in Ride the High Country, George H. W. Bush, Maggie Thatcher, the Crown Prince brother of Jordan's King Hussein, Mangosuthu Buthelezi, a Zulu chief (he played his great-grandfather in the opening scenes of the preacher visiting a native village in Zulu), various energy ministers and secretaries general of OPEC.

Folks I've seen but didn't speak to include:
The original Hank Williams (not a movie star but they made a movie about him), Frank Sinatra, Bette Midler, Tony Bennet, Count Basie, Lefty Frizzel, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Stewart, Lloyd Nolan, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Jo Anne Worley, Alan Sues, Leslie Nielsen, Buster Crabbe, Hans Conried, Juliet Prowse, Tex Ritter, Simon & Garfunkle, Andy Williams, Hugh O'Brien, Bill Cosby, Jonathan Winters; Jerry Lee Lewis, George Lindsey, Roy Clark, Buck Owens, George Strait, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Juliet Prowse, Henry Mancini, Carlos Montoya, the Dave Brubeck quartet, Dick Cheney, Paul "Red" Adair (the guy who John Wayne played in The Hell-Fighters), Prince Charles, the last of the three Andrews Sisters. And there were one or two French presidents and a couple of Canadian prime ministers whose names I can't even remember.

I may recall some others later.

I've never met any movie stars. I did however see Russell Crowe's band play at the Fillmore in San Francisco a few years back. It was a very small venue and I got pretty close to the stage.

He was very handsome in person. And very drunk.

I've never met any movie stars. I did however see Russell Crowe's band play at the Fillmore in San Francisco a few years back. It was a very small venue and I got pretty close to the stage.

He was very handsome in person. And very drunk.
Drunk! That just reminded me of another star I've seen--Jerry Jeff Walker.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The only famous people I have met is some players from the Welsh Rugby Team, as a teen these players came to my school and I should imagine they went around other schools also. I think any Welsh person can say at one time or another they have met or been in the presance of a rugby star, as rugby is such a big part of our culture.

I met B.J. Thomas at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport baggage claim in 1976. He was very nice and seemed to really apreciate the attention.

B.J. Thomas was on stage the last night I was in Gilley's honky tonk in Pasadena. I've also seen Robert Flack, Cannonball Adderly and his band, Stan Getz and his jazz group. Tom Jones. Ray Price.

Simon Pegg and Steve Coogan at the same time in Glasgow in 1997.

They were both drunk

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I once brushed past Keith Richards as I was coming out of a mens room at a movie theater when I lived in the East Village NYC. Despite the fact that I had just went, I almost sh_t myself all over again!

I also used to frequently see Joey Ramone in my favorite cheese store. So for all you Ramones fans, yes, Joey was fond of cheese.