Septemebr 2002 in PRE-view

Tools    

September will have you FALLing for the Big Screen
by FiLm Fr3aK

Looks like City by the Sea and The Transporter are all I see giving me any JOY this month.

Period 1 (September 6th):
We FALL into September with-

City By the Sea, A Crime/Drama brought to you by Warner Bros about a police detective whose father was executed at Sing Sing Prison in the 1950's for kidnapping and murdering a child. Now, while investigating the murder of a surfer on Long Beach, he has discovered that his own son, Joey, is the primary suspect. Starring Robert De Niro, James Franco, Eliza Dushku, William Forsythe, & Patti LuPone.see thread here

&

Swimfan, a teen/thriller starring Erika Christensen (Traffic), Jesse Bradford (Hackers, ClockStoppers), Shiri Appleby (tv's Roswell) is a high school thriller about a new girl who falls for a championship swimmer. However, when he doesn't return her attention, she flips out making this movie have the whole Fatal Attration/The Crush kind of feel.

Period 2 (September 13th):

The Barbershop, a black comedy, starring Ice Cube and Cedric the entertainer, is about a Barbershop. (Imagine that.. no really) It's about a day in the life of a barber shop on the South Side of Chicago, as a $50,000 reward offer for information about a recent heist sends the shop, which is already ordinarily a hub of speculation and rumor, into a spin, as the barbers try to figure out clues to the crime by the hair cuts they give that day. The trailers for this one are hilarious as Ced gets his new car beat in by a crazy woman, but I think I will wait for the video to see this one.

Stealing Harverd, a comdey with Tom Green and Jason Lee, is about a guy who turns to a life of crime to pay for his niece's tuition for her first year at Harvard College I had forgotten all about this one. Originally Owen Wilson was set to star, but they replaced him with Tom Green so I completely lost interest. Another one I will wait for the video for, unless someone offers a free viewing. **wink**

The Transporter, 20th Century Fox's latest venture into the Action/Thriller genre written by Luc Besson ( The Messenger, and The Professional ) . Stars Jason Statham (Snatch, Ghosts of Mars, the One, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) and was directed by Corey Yuen ( The Enforcer, and Legend II) How can this thing be anything less then action packed? Any way, its a movie about a former U.S. Special Forces soldier turned expatriate mercenary who is hired to kidnap the feisty daughter of a lethal Chinese cook who's smuggling his fellow countrymen into France.see thread here

Period 3 (September 20th):

Ballistic: Ecks Vs Sever, Warner Bros rebuttle for 20th Century's Action/Thriller, stars Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu. It is about two spies, who are lifelong adversaries, engaged in a cat-and-mouse hunt. Jonathan Ecks an FBI agent hunting Sever a rogue NSA agent. What they learn, however, while trying to kill each other... is that they might be on the same side, and faced with a threat greater to each other than themselves... blah blah blah... see thread here

The Banger Sisters, which finally reunites Goldie with the Big screen. Yup, it stars Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarandon as two best friends who used to be groupies, collectively known by the suggestive nickname of The Banger Sisters, reunited decades later. One is now a "punked-out waitress" in Los Angeles, nostalgic about the old days, while the other is a Phoenix socialite who would rather hide the past.

The Four Feathers, is set in1898, Harry Faversham, a British officer, resigns his post right before a battle against rebels (the battle of Omdurman), and his fiancee' and three friends give him four white feathers as a symbol of what they perceive to be cowardice. What they don't know is that he's going undercover, and may have the chance to redeem himself in their eyes. Stars Heath Ledger (A Knights Tale, The Patriot), Wes Bentley (Soul Survivors), Djimon Hounsou (Gladiator), Kate Hudson (Almost Famous), Michael Sheen (Othello)

Slap Her, She's French stars Piper Perabo (Coyote Ugly) as a French foreign exchange student in a small Texas town's high school whch upsets the balance by trying to usurp the position of the most popular girl

Trapped, Columbia's crime/thriller about a Mississippi physician, Dr. Will Jennings and his wife are forced to personally deal with the kidnappers of their diabetic daughter within 24 hours. If they tell anyone about the kidnapping, their daughter will be killed... Sounds like a Panic Room meets Dont Say a Word + Ransom to me. Stars Stuart Townsend (Queen of the Damned) , Charlize Theron (Mighty Joe Young), Kevin Bacon (Wild Things), & Courtney Love (200 Cigarettes).

Period 4 (September 27th):

Sweet Home Alabama is the story of a young woman, Melanie (Reese Witherspoon), from a "white trash" background who runs away from her husband in Alabama and reinvents herself as a New York socialite. When her Park Avenue boyfriend (Patrick Dempsey), whose mother is the mayor of New York City, proposes marriage, she returns home to tell her parents the good news and obtain a divorce from her husband. In doing so, she is confronted with her past and must choose between the men. Pretty Woman meets Enough .

The Tuxedo as quoted from a story at EditorsNet.com is the story about "A pitiful New York City taxicab driver (Chan)... ...is hired to be a chauffeur for a mysterious man named Clark Devlin. When Devlin is hospitalized, [the driver] takes over Devlin's covert mission for the U.S. government: to uncover the secret scheme of bottled water broker Diedrich Banning. [The driver] also inherits Clark's computerized tuxedo, which gives its wearer supernatural powers of combat, camouflage and seduction."

*******SEPTEMBER RELEASES*******

September 4, 2002
• Snipes (limited)

September 6, 2002
• City by the Sea
• Swimfan
• The Dogwalker (limited)
• Heartbreak Hospital (limited)
• In Praise of Love (limited)

September 11, 2002
• The Pinochet Case (limited)

September 13, 2002
• Barbershop
• Stealing Harvard
• The Transporter
• Alias Betty (limited)
• Children of the Century (Les Enfants du Siecle) (limited)
• Igby Goes Down (limited)
• Lawless Heart (limited)
• Quitting (limited)

September 20, 2002
• Ballistic: Ecks Vs Sever
• The Banger Sisters
• The Four Feathers
• Slap Her, She's French
• Trapped
• 8 Women (limited)
• Comedian (limited)
• Das Experiment (limited)
• His Secret Life (limited)
• Invincible (limited)
• Secretary (limited)
• Spirited Away (limited)

September 25, 2002
• The Trials of Henry Kissinger (limited)

September 27, 2002
• Sweet Home Alabama
• The Tuxedo
• Biggie and Tupac (limited)
• Crazy as Hell (limited)
• Just a Kiss (limited)
• Moonlight Mile (limited)
• Shanghai Ghetto (limited)
• Skins (limited)

The Month in PREview.
By Bunny (Brown) Cates
a.k.a FiLm Fr3aK
copyright 2002
http://aguyagirlandavcr.tripod.com

--sources:
(including but not limited to
hollywood.com
upcomingmovies.com
IMDb.com

Enemies are so stimulating.
i wanna see:

Ballistic: Ecks Vs Sever

hmm...big list.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

I wanna see so many of those movies, I don't know what I'll actually get to go see. Hmm. Guess I'll have to draw out of a hat.

I'm not looking forward to any of those films, most of all Swimfan.

The next movie I just can't wait to see is, Gangs of New York, well that and the Two Towers.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The ones on the list I can think of now I would like to see are:

• City by the Sea
• Swimfan
• Stealing Harvard
• The Transporter
• Ballistic: Ecks Vs Sever
• Sweet Home Alabama
• The Tuxedo

As for any others, I am not quite sure until they are released.