The Wraith

→ in
Tools    

Saw this movie for the first time, the guy I was watching it with said he didn't think it would come out on Blu-Ray (not popular enough or something along those lines). Seeing how this is a movie forum and all I figured someone probably saw it, I was hoping for feedback

***SPOILER***
(did anyone else noticed it was kinda like The Crow? The only difference was the fact that it involved more cars, a different "body" instead of make up, and he got to stay on earth at the very end. Although know The Crow came out after this film if I'm thinking right)

I'd love to see it as a remake. But, Leave out Arizona and make it happen in West Texas (anybody from that part of the country knows some places are virtually lawless and a place for a badass drag race with few cars to get in the way and a place where the Sherriff pretty much does his own thing in solving a case.

I LOVE The Wraith. I grew up on this movie. Yeah, it's cheesy, has bad acting and as a car guy, I can find TONS of errors in it, but it's a guilty pleasure and I love every minute of it. One of my all-time favorite car flicks.

An updated remake could be interesting, but I'm afraid they would do badly on the movie's main character; the Turbo Interceptor. You just canNOT make that car any cooler than the original.

As for a Blu-Ray release, who knows? I'd just be happy if someone give it a proper DVD release with a quality transfer and a widescreen presentation.

As for a Blu-Ray release, who knows? I'd just be happy if someone give it a proper DVD release with a quality transfer and a widescreen presentation.
Lionsgate Unleashes The Wraith: Special Edition in March

Lionsgate announced that they will release a special edition of the 1986 cult flick, The Wraith, which stars Charlie Sheen, Randy Quaid and Clint Howard on DVD March 2, 2010. The action-packed film tells the story of a mysterious figure seeking vengeance on a gang that’s been terrorizing a small town and includes music from some of Rock-n-Roll’s greatest legends including Ozzy Osbourne, Mötley Crüe, Robert Palmer and Billy Idol. See below for DVD details and box art.

From LGF:

The Wraith: Special Edition

The Wraith, the cult classic starring Golden Globe® winner Charlie Sheen (TV's "Spin City"), Academy Award® nominee Randy Quaid (The Last Detail, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, 1973) and Clint Howard (Frost/Nixon), comes to Special Edition DVD from Lionsgate this March.

The action-packed film tells the story of a mysterious figure seeking vengeance on a gang that's been terrorizing a small town and includes music from some of Rock-n-Roll's greatest legends including Ozzy Osbourne, Mötley Crüe, Robert Palmer and Billy Idol.

The Wraith: Special Edition DVD features fresh packaging and all new special features including audio commentary, interviews with writer/director Mike Marvin (Sunstorm) and Clint Howard along with a featurette on the Dodge M4S that was used in the film. Pricing: DVD $19.98

Source: Fearnet.com and horroryearbook.com

Thank you for that! It's been a really crappy day, but you helped brighten it a bit.