Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

Thanks Jrs

I don't think I will go and see the Karate Kid at the movies I think I can wait for it to come on DVD

Johnny Depp Loses Enthusiasm For Pirates 4

Johnny Depp has suddenly lost interest in doing Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. The change in heart seems to have to do with the departure of longtime Disney chairman Dick Cook, who left the company on Friday. Some outlets are reporting that Cook was fired, which may have something to do with Depp's displeasure with Disney since Depp was very close with Cook.

Depp told the LA Times that Cook stood by him when other Disney executives didn't like the idea of Depp's offbeat portrayal of Jack Sparrow in the Pirates films. He also described Cook as "the sweetest man on the planet and such a gent." Depp added that while he has a deal in place for the next Pirates flick, it will depend heavily on the script now because his enthusiasm has dropped due to the Cook situation.

"There's a fissure, a crack in my enthusiasm at the moment. It was all born in (Cook's) office."
Source: 411Mania.com

Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D TV Spots Now Online!

Would you rather have a picture of an ice cream cone, or an edible ice cream cone with two scoops… in 3D?

Rex figures it out to his advantage in this hilarious TV spot for Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D. These commercials have been popping up on TV lately and thanks to Pixar Planet, they can be seen here.

The
features lots of clips originally made to promote the two week special engagement alongside shots from the movie. You can watch the clever spot below:

&

The double feature will be in theatres on October 2nd. Mark your calendars, that’s in less than two weeks!!

Source: Pixar Planet

The Making of Saw VI Nurse Promo

Lionsgate released
very cool behind the scenes video from the Saw VI Blood Drive photo shoot promoting the upcoming horror movie Saw VI directed by Kevin Greutert and starring Shawnee Smith (The Grudge 3, Saw V), Tobin Bell (Boogeyman 2, Buried Alive), Betsy Russell (Chain Letter) and Costas Mandylor (The Rogue, Toxic, Immortally Yours).

&

Synopsis:
Special Agent Strahm is dead, and Detective Hoffman has emerged as the unchallenged successor to Jigsaw’s legacy. However, when the FBI draws closer to Hoffman, he is forced to set a game into motion, and Jigsaw’s grand scheme is finally understood.

The movie Saw VI will hit theaters on October 23, 2009.

Source: Shockya.com

More X-Men talk. X4 still possible? Gavin Hood for Magneto?

Last week Tim Pocock who played Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine updated his Twitter page with the following:

currently shooting Australian TV series till February 2010…then X-men first class
However, a few days later he had this to say:

victim of cruel prank.last tweet=NOT me.AM filming Aussie show till2010.no official word on XM:FC but am interested.please post retraction.
Was this actually a prank? Or had 20th Century Fox picked up on it and told him to shut his Twitter hole? Well /Film recently had the chance to ask producer Lauren Shuler Donner what’s going on:

According to Shuler Donner, there’s no truth to the initial claim at all. She announced that the film has no scheduled start date and will definitely not be kicking off in February. What’s more, she confirmed that no actors have signed contracts to appear in the film.

I asked if they had signed the young mutants up for an option on future films, and she admitted that yes, everybody was under option. No surprises there.
Donner also said that she is cooking up plans for an X-Men 4 and a movie based on The New Mutants, although having followed the X-Men films for years I know that Donner likes to blurt out ideas and nothing ever comes of them. I think that they should focus their attention on making the films they’ve already got scripts for like X-Men: First Class and X-Men Origins: Magneto

…which brings me to an interview MTV had with X-Men Origins: Wolverine director Gavin Hood.

David Goyer has been the popular name mentioned to direct “X-Men Origins: Magneto,” but if the “Dark Knight” writer finds himself committed when the project finally comes together, Hood says he’d be willing to step behind the camera.

“I think the character of Magneto is still a phenomenally interesting character,” Hood told MTV News while discussing last week’s release of “Wolverine” on DVD and Blu-Ray.

“Absolutely, if I was asked I’d take an interest,” the director said. “But the truth is I haven’t been asked and I think that the studio right now is waiting to see how we do with the ["X-Men Origins: Wolverine"] DVDs, and who knows where we’ll all be if and when a ["Wolverine 2"] script is ready.”
Source: Filmonic

A Nightmare on Elm Street Remake Trailer Attached to Zombieland

Bloody-Disgusting has learned that the first trailer for the upcoming Platinum Dunes remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street will be attached to prints of Zombieland, which is due in theaters on October 2. The trailer will also debut online sometime around then.

A Nightmare on Elm Street stars Jackie Earle Haley, Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Thomas Dekker, Kellan Lutz, Katie Cassidy, Connie Britton and will be released nationwide on April 30, 2010.

Source: Movieweb

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Lands at Sony

He-Man
It seems a new remake based off a popular Mattel toy line has found a new studio. According to Variety, Sony Pictures is finalizing a deal to bring He-Man and the Masters of the Universe back to the big screen.

The film had previously been set up with producer Joel Silver at Warner Bros., but Mattel took the rights back and was shopping the film around after an agreement couldn't be made between the toy company, the studio and Silver.

Sony is teaming with Escape Artists' Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch and they will start fresh on the film. Justin Marks had written a draft of the film with John Stevenson attached to direct at one point, but it wasn't clear if the writer and director would be on board for this new take.

The film will revolve around the prince-turned-warrior He-Man and his battles against the evil Skeletor.

* According to IMDB, the film is entitled Grayskull scheduled for sometime in 2011.

First Image of Michael Douglas in Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

The Daily Mail has just posted the first image of Michael Douglas on the set of Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, which is currently filming in New York City.

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps stars Michael Douglas, Shia LaBeouf, Frank Langella, Carey Mulligan, Vanessa Ferlito, Charlie Sheen and is aiming for a 2010 release.

Ghost Rider 2 Gearing Up For Production

Variety is reporting that Columbia Pictures is gearing up to get Ghost Rider 2 in theaters, pushing for Batman Begins writer David S. Goyer to script the sequel to the 2007 Nicholas Cage-starring film. Speaking of Cage, he is expected (but not confirmed) to return for the sequel, having already proclaimed his desire to do so.

Though Goyer has yet to sign-on officially, word is that the next Ghost Rider will be based on a script that Goyer wrote years ago for the character. Details are sketchy on what that script involves, or whether or not Ghost Rider 2 will be an actual sequel to the 2007 film, or more akin to the quasi-reboot Cage described earlier this year.

Ghost Rider 2 will be produced by former Marvel head Avi Arad, Michael De Luca and Steven Paul, with Gary Foster serving as executive producer.

As Variety points out, it’s no real surprise to hear that Ghost Rider 2 is trying to “rev itself” into production; every third-party studio which currently owns a Marvel property is thinking along those same lines, now that Disney has partnered with Marvel. The studios know that if they don’t show any signs of forward progress on their owned properties, Disney/Marvel will have the right to reclaim them and develop them under their own banner, laughing all the while as the box office cash comes rolling in.

That dreaded fear has prompted the major studios to you-know-what rather than get off the pot, and currently in development alongside Ghost Rider 2 are:
  • FOX: Fantastic Four Reboot, Daredevil Reboot, Wolverine 2, X-Men 4, New Mutants, X-Men: First Class & X-Men Origins: Magneto
  • SONY: Spider-Man 4 (and 5)
  • UNIVERSAL: Namor The Sub-Mariner
  • PARAMOUNT: Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America

Again, Ghost Rider 2 is still in the early planning stages; no confirmation that Goyer will write it or that Cage will star in it. No word yet if Ghost Rider writer/director Mark Steven Johnson will be brought back, or if the studio will tap a new director to helm the sequel.

Source: Screenrant

Latest on Lost Boys 3

Corey Feldman
Production Weekly let slip today that Warner Premiere’s second sequel to The Lost Boys will be titled Lost Boys 3 : The Thirst.

The film, written by Evan Charnov and to be directed by Dario Piana, was announced a few months back but little has been mentioned on it since.

…. I have a little more (and I stress ‘little’).

The film, which will shoot in South Africa in November, will feature (besides stars Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander, who will reprise their roles as Edgar and Allen Frog, respectively) a lead female character - somewhat of an honorary Frog Sister by the sounds.

Though most of the cast will be local hires, there’s currently a nationwide casting call to find the female lead of Edgar’s pal, Zoe.

Described as “adorably cute” and “into comic books like Edgar”, Zoe’s joining forces with the “surfboard shaper and vampire hunter” for this latest installment. Might romance be in the air for our clove-carrying fang-buster!? (Doubtful, the lad does seem more interested in having his arsenal cabinet polished than anything else, right?) Might I make a suggestion? "Cursed" cutie Kristina Anapau? Or what about Allison Mack of "Smallville"? She'd be as good a fit as Nivea is to Underarms! Just an idea, gang!

More news on Lost Boys 3 as it arrives.

Source: Moviehole

Sony picks up rights to 'Machete'

Sony has acquired most international rights to Machete, which is currently in production in Austin, Texas, with cast Danny Trejo, Rose McGowan, Jessica Alba, Robert De Niro, Cheech Marin and Michelle Rodriguez. Although there is currently no word on domestic (U.S.) distribution.

In case you don’t know, the story of Machete centers around a Mexican “police officer” who gets revenge (in all sorts of violent ways) against the villains who double-crossed him. Word from an early script review from Latino Review says that Machete is exactly what you’d expect it to be - basically a 90 minute version of the trailer. That means more blood, more violence, and more machetes....

Machete has no release date set as of yet.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter via Screenrant

Neve Campbell Returns For Scream 4

Bob Weinstein revealed to Variety that Dimension and The Weinstein Company are planning to rev up production on a slew of their famous horror franchise titles and with an emphasis on 3D. "I'm going back to doing what I do best," says Weinstein.

Variety reveals that after months of speculation, Neve Campbell has in fact signed on board for Scream 4, joining returning stars Courtney Cox and David Arquette. Scream 4 will start production in April or May as the first of a new trilogy written by series creator Kevin Williamson. The company is in talks with Wes Craven to return to the director's chair. Though Craven already stated in the past he's ready and willing.

That's not all - The recently announced Halloween 3D is expected to start up production in November of this year with My Bloody Valentine 3D duo director Patrick Lussier and writer Todd Farmer on board. A release is aimed for October 2010.

Dimension is also remaking Children Of The Corn (unrelated to SyFy's remake airing this weekend), as well as 3D sequels/remakes to Hellraiser and Scanners. Short Circuit and An American Werewolf in London are also on the slate.

"I'm heading back to my franchise films," says Weinstein. "These films are our strength, and we are committed to doing them in style. There is no question that financing is readily available to produce and market these films. I am eager to expand our scope in the 3D business."
Source: Shock Till You Drop

Spy Kids 4 on the Way

Spy Kids 4 will be written by Robert Rodriguez and will be shot in 3D. The movie aims to start shooting in March and will be released in partnership with Disney. Robert Rodriguez will also be returning as the director. No release date is set as of yet.

Source: Variety

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The third one was so predictable and lame, yet at the same time completed the "story". So this one is going to show the true killer?

Lame sauce.

Suspect's Reviews

Edward Norton Likes the Idea of Hulk as The Avengers Villain

Even though Marvel aren’t ready to reveal anything just yet, there is a good chance that The Hulk will be the villain in The Avengers. They’ve been talking about the idea for a while and even The Incredible Hulk director Louis Leterrier hinted at it last year when commenting on the films closing shot.

“…if you decide that he’s smiling, in control, then he’s a good guy, that’s ‘The Hulk 2,’” he continued. “If Hulk is a failure, then he looks up and smirks and that’s eventually the Hulk of the Avengers — the uncontrollable beast that they need to team up to stop.”
If the director knew of Marvel’s intentions then one would assume Edward Norton would be in on it too, and from this interview with MTV it seems he is.

“In the comics, there was always a tension between the rest of the superhero community and he was always this problem… They treated him as this problem,” said Norton.

In Toronto to promote his well-received film “Leaves of Grass” at the International Film Festival, Norton said he could definitely see the Hulk character becoming something that the rest of Marvel’s superheroes joined forces to battle. After all, Hulk’s never been shy about telling the world he’s “the strongest there is.”

“I think that’s a fun way to go with it,” said Norton.
If Norton likes the idea, which he does, then he could return as Bruce Banner in The Avengers. When The Incredible Hulk came out Norton and Marvel weren’t the best of friends as they had disagreements over the final cut and Norton didn’t receive credit for rewriting the script. At the time it's possible Norton wouldn’t have wanted to work with Marvel again, but time as passed and he may be up for it again. He’s probably contracted to return anyway.

Iron Man 2 Entertainment Tonight Set Visit

Today we have the full Entertainment Tonight Iron Man 2 set visit. Most of the visit takes place on the Monaco Grand Prix set where Tony Stark first meets Whiplash. We see some cars being smashed up and Robert Downey Jr. says that it is probably his “favorite thing in the world to do professionally because you get the free adrenaline rush and it’s all safe.” Gwyneth Paltrow talks about wearing skimpy clothes and Scarlett Johansson talks about training for the role of Black Widow and the love triangle between her character, Tony Stark and Pepper Potts.

Watch below.....