An 'Essential' film

Tools    

The original 1957 version of "3:10 to Yuma" is scheduled for TMC's "Essentials" program at 8 p.m. July 5. I only mention this because those of you who haven't seen the original, only the remake, can now see three film clips from the original on TMC.com/essentials: The opening stagecoach robbery, the arrest of Ben Wade, and the subsequent dinner scene with the outlaw in the rancher's home. Those three brief scenes give a good contrast between the first version and the subsequent remake--one being a barebones drama, the other an action film with more razzle-dazzle. That same site provides a lot of background and trivia about the movie, as well as pop culture, and several reviews, both good and bad. I didn't want to bring up the old debate about this film from a few months back because no one wants to reread that. This is just a heads-up for anyone who may be interested in learning more about what went into the original film and why. The film runs quite frequently on TV, but this gives a quick overview and a few short clips, which may be all that some of you would want.

I Wont To Get More Details