What character scared you as a child?

Tools    

up to now im still scared of Chucky!

Independent Film Producer
I can't recall any characters "scaring" me, as a child. But, one character that I thought was the meanest person on Earth when I was about 3 or 4, was Eddie Albert's character Mr Douglas on Green Acres. Always yelling and carrying on, he was meaner than any monster I ever saw. Now, 40+ years later, I find the show quite harmless and entertaining.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
There was this old episode of Scooby Doo I remember with the Shadow Creature... I can't find an image of it, but it was scary I have never finished the episode...

The Exorcists....That really scares me...

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I like your answer, but can you be more specific? Do you mean that Fathers Merrin and Karras scared you or their confrontation with Pazuzu did? Or, are you talking about the whole flippin' movie?

Personally, I find it awesome that Max von Sydow was in both The Seventh Seal and The Exorcist. I feel sorry for those who don't think it's awesome, but not too much. After all, they feel sorry for my being ignorant about lots of other things.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I like your answer, but can you be more specific? Do you mean that Fathers Merrin and Karras scared you or their confrontation with Pazuzu did? Or, are you talking about the whole flippin' movie?

Personally, I find it awesome that Max von Sydow was in both The Seventh Seal and The Exorcist. I feel sorry for those who don't think it's awesome, but not too much. After all, they feel sorry for my being ignorant about lots of other things.
Regan MacNeil's make-up still creeps me out...

Mine are probably dated and predictable but after being exposed to these characters I started becoming interested in what made me fear things rather than the spark that initially caused the fear (character, situation etc). As such, evocation of actual fear from a character in a film didn't last long but I still have memories of nightmares re: the following. Actually, #1 still gives me nightmares .

1. The Child Catcher
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

2. Oompah Loompahs
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

3. The Wicked Witch of the West
The Wizard of Oz

Robert Englund BKA Freddie Krugger. Actually, even out of costume Robert still scared me. No one made me afraid to sleep that guy. Funny, I would always watch anyway.

IT the mofo had me pissing my pants when I was a kid.. I still feel scared when I see IT

Dudes the character that had me scared shitless,when i was a kid was Pennywise from Stephen Kings IT.

Well, my mum being a horror movie nut introduced me to films like that when i was 7 to 10 years old.
I watched Evil Dead when I was 7, Se7en when I was 10, the Exorcist when I was 8, IT when I was 8 and the Freddy and Jason movies around those ages too.
So, being scared of absolutely everything and anything for about 4 years, it got to a 'threshold' so now...nothing on a TV screen really scares me at all

Alien used to scare me. And you should try Asian horror movies, such as Ju On and The Shutter. They are really creepy.

Sally, join us!… Sally… Sally… join us!…

If you have seen this movie you know what I mean, if not.....make sure you have extra flash bulbs around .

when i was a child two characters that i am so scared are from the Exorcist the person was portrayed by Linda Blaire and Freddy Krueger.Up to this day even when i watch it over and over again, it still gives me goosebumps all over my body.

Certifiably troglodytic.
i was terrified of the flying monkeys..
You know... I have always thought there was something subtly terrifying about these things.

This dude always got me when Salem's Lot came on TV....

up to now im still scared of Chucky!

me either...i hate this creepy little doll...

This one scared me the most when I was a little kid................

Hi everyone. Im the new kid on the block. As a child I was afraid of the Predator, Ms. Hannigan (Carol Burnett), and the Terminator. Only afraid of the Terminator when, in the first movie, it got blown up in the truck and its flesh was burned away. When it started chasing Sarah while limping freaked me out.