What is your favorite YouTube video?

Tools    

Toose...how'd you get the image to appear for the vid in your post? I, too, get the white box even after wrapping the embed code in the Youtube tags provided....
I edited your post above this one to show you what I did. You can go back and edit it now to see that what I added was only the url between the utube tags to the desired result.

I think you're copying from the "embed" line under 'About this Video' on the youtube site. Copy instead directly from the address bar and you'll be in good shape.

I love the Mentos and Diet Coke vids

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

I like those too Partimus.

Even better though is the infamous Sparkler Bomb:

Made by electrical taping the old metal sparklers together 100 or so at a time. I quit messing with these when I blew a crater in my back yard and the cops showed up.

This goes way beyond anything I ever did with it.

Certifiably troglodytic.
I edited your post above this one to show you what I did. You can go back and edit it now to see that what I added was only the url between the utube tags to the desired result.

I think you're copying from the "embed" line under 'About this Video' on the youtube site. Copy instead directly from the address bar and you'll be in good shape.
You are exactly right! Thanks for the help!

Certifiably troglodytic.

Even better though is the infamous Sparkler Bomb:
Ooooohhh, that sparkler bomb was sweet. Those dudes sound like they could be from my original neck of the woods. I think my favorite part was where, toward the end, the camera guy says while filming the smoke pall that was settling in like a shroud: "Here comes our crack-head neighbor...just in time."

Certifiably troglodytic.
And, from my resident state of Ohio comes one of the most brazen displays of liquid courage in the face of 50,000 volts that I've seen. Count how many times he says "NO!"....

*EDIT*

Okay...this is making no sense. This should be working. You see what the post is doing above. I do not know why this isn't posting right because I:
  • Copied and pasted the vid URL from the addy line to my post
  • Wrapped it in the YouTube tags and every time I get the meaningless jibberish above in the finished post, but in the actual edit field, it looks perfect. (Toose: I even compared it to the working edit you did to my other post and did the same thing here, but still doesn't work right)
I dunno what else to do. Is it my browser (Firefox)? Any ideas?

EDIT by Caity: I tried editing the link but it is still not showing...

And, from my resident state of Ohio comes one of the most brazen displays of liquid courage in the face of 50,000 volts that I've seen. Count how many times he says "NO!"....

Take out the [*URL*] and [*/URL*] and it should work then....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Certifiably troglodytic.
Take out the [*URL*] and [*/URL*] and it should work then....
Thanks, Caitlyn, but when I go to edit my post, [*URL*] and [*/URL*] do not appear anywhere for me to remove.

Thanks, Caitlyn, but when I go to edit my post, [*URL*] and [*/URL*] do not appear anywhere for me to remove.

It is:

[url="

and

[/URL]

When you post links to youtube clips, don't use the insert link pop-up .... just copy and paste the link straight into your comment box.... then highlight the link and click on this little fella:

I tried to edit your post so the video would show but all I could get is a white box.... it might show later or else there may be something wrong with that particular video.... hope this helps...

Okay...this is making no sense. This should be working. You see what the post is doing above. I do not know why this isn't posting right because I:
  • Copied and pasted the vid URL from the addy line to my post
  • Wrapped it in the YouTube tags and every time I get the meaningless jibberish above in the finished post, but in the actual edit field, it looks perfect. (Toose: I even compared it to the working edit you did to my other post and did the same thing here, but still doesn't work right)
I dunno what else to do. Is it my browser (Firefox)? Any ideas?

EDIT by Caity: I tried editing the link but it is still not showing...

I tried it myself and the url wouldn't work for me either.

I love this:

Cop: Put your hands behind your back!
Drunk: I can't! You hammered me!

Made me giggle

I tried it myself and the url wouldn't work for me either.

I've had some show up as white boxes off and on....and sometimes they show later and sometimes not....

I love this:

Cop: Put your hands behind your back!
Drunk: I can't! You hammered me!

Made me giggle

Made me giggle too....

I noticed on the JFK thread and on this thread that the video previews make the threads load really slowly. I'm wondering if it's wise to use youtube tags at all since it's really just cool factor and really adds nothing of significant value.

Meant to ask you Caity, did you have to get tazered? I have a few friends who are Five-0 and had to submit to it

I don't think it's anything you're doing in this case. The acid test, I suppose, is to try a different video.

That tazer video didn't work for me either.

I do not watch videos often,but this poem from e.e cumings is currently my favourite.
I carry you in my heart