"Movie Sequel Mania Redux"

Tools    

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
good stuff, i just like to stay on good terms with everyone.
Good Job

'X-Men 3' Adds Another to the Cast

X-Men3
IGN has learned that Oscar-nominated actress Shohreh Aghdashloo has joined the growing ensemble cast of X-Men 3. Sources say she will portray a character named Dr. Rao.
UXN points out that in Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men, "Doctor Kavita Rao, a world-renowned geneticist, had claimed that she had developed a serum, called Hope, which could 'cure' mutants of their mutation. While hundreds of mutants immediately signed up for the procedure at Benetech, the corporate backer of Rao's research, the X-Men debated the societal meaning of this: someone comparing mutation to a disease. Still, the chance at being "normal" has weighed heavily on Hank McCoy's mind, as he considered the ability to no longer be 'a Beast.'"

The 53-year-old Aghdashloo was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in House of Sand and Fog, opposite Jennifer Connelly.

Source: IGN

New 'Goblet of Fire' Images

Source: Veritaserum

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Is that Eric Sykes, I thought he was dead?
Where has he been, cryogenically frozen?
I need answers people.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
Looks pretty good, but it does remind me of The Hard Way.

yea looks cool!

Saw II : First Look

Lions Gate Films has given Bloody Disgusting the first look at their upcoming director Darren Bousman's with the second official still from their upcoming horror sequel Saw II directed by Darren Bousman. (See farther below for the first official 'Saw II' image).

While investigating the bloody aftermath of a grizzly murder, Detective Eric Mason (Donnie Wahlberg) has the feeling that it is the work of Jigsaw, the notorious killer who disappeared leaving a trail of bodies - and parts - behind. And Mason is right. Jigsaw is at work again. But instead of two people locked in a room with only one unthinkable way out, there are eight. Eight strangers – unaware of their connection to each other -- forced to play out a game that challenges their wits and puts their lives in jeopardy...

Saw II opens in theaters everywhere on October 28th.

Source: Bloody Disgusting

V for Vendetta Bumped to 2006

Sci Fi Wire (via) is reporting that Warner Bros. has bumped back their release of V for Vendetta from November 4th to an early March 2006 release.

In a statement, a Warner Brothers spokesperson told SCI FI Wire: "We have moved the release date of V For Vendetta to March 17, 2006, to accommodate the movie's post-production schedule."

The spokesperson, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, denied that the delay had anything to do with the movie's subject matter or the current political climate. V for Vendetta has come under scrutiny for the coincidence of its subject matter and the recent terrorist bombings in London.

Click here for the full article.

New 'Night Watch' Photos

Source: The Hollywood News

'Aeon Flux' Trailer - in Quicktime

If you head on over to Apple, they have just added the trailer for Paramount Pictures' upcoming Aeon Flux with Charlize Theron in glorious quicktime format.

Lo-Res
Med-Res
Hi-Res

Source: Apple

'Superman' Has Returned

Official 'Superman Returns' Footage Now Online!

Superman Returns
Bryan Singer, director of the upcoming movie Superman Returns, made a triumphant appearance on July 16 in San Diego, debuting a trailer for the film that garnered a standing ovation from many of the more than 6,000 fans in attendance.

Now, the footage shown at this year's '05 San Diego Comic Con for Superman Returns has hit the web, through the latest edition director Bryan Singer's Video Journal, on BlueTights.net. Singer's 22nd Blog entitled "20 Hours in San Diego," gives you your first look at not the full blown trailer, but actual footage from the full-length teaser trailer for next summer's must see blockbuster.

Here's how the site describes the clip:

San Diego Comic-Con - The largest comic event in North America. Superman - The world's most known superhero. Every fan in San Diego was anticipating what wonderful surprises might be in store during Saturday morning's Superman Returns panel, and Bryan Singer flew half way around the world to give fans their first glimpse at footage from the new film - which was answered with a standing ovation.

Click here to watch the clip and all of Bryan Singer's journals.

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Release Date: June 30, 2006
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Bryan Singer
Screenwriter: Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris
Starring: Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey, James Marsden,
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Trailer: Coming Soon!!!

Source: BlueTights.net, Superhero Hype!, Superman Homepage

That super suit just doesn't look right, does it?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
That super suit just doesn't look right, does it?
Well I agree with Singer. It's original looking like Max Fleischer's Superman and for Singer it generates the true reality to the comics. Plus I like it myself. BTW, have you seen the footage with Clark and Lois on the rooftop? Man...it almost mirrors Christopher Reeve's classic scene.

X-Men 3 Update Exclusive
Who's Returning, New Locations, Rumors Debunked and More

X-Men 3
XmenFilms.net has received new info on X-Men 3, involving returning cast, new filming locations, debunked casting rumors, and a spoiler scene. Four are returning for the sequel and some you thought were going to are not.

The following is from XMF:

X2 starlets Shauna Kain (Siryn), Bryce Hodgson (Artie), Conner Widows (Jones) and Luke Pohl (X-Kid) have joined the cast all reprising their respective roles in the sequel. The young actors are currently shooting in Victoria, Canada at the Royal Roads University.

The size of their roles is unknown at this moment and even their agents are in the dark about the script and story. It's also currently unknown if Kea Wong will be returning as Jubilee. Stay tuned for possible word on that in the future, including word on who actress Beverley Mahood is playing in the third film!

Bruce Davison's reps have told XMF that we shouldn't expect to see Senator Kelly back. Davison is currently shooting the highly anticipated mini-series The Triangle (Catherine Bell, Sam Neill) he then heads straight into a movie called The Real Catch.

Another person we shouldn't be expecting in X-Men 3 is Katie Nauta (Transporter 2), her publicist has informed XMF. The actress/singer-songwriter was one of the front runners to play a sexy mutant who secretes a special pheromone to seduce men, believed to be Stacy X. Who is going to portray her or whether or not the character is still in remains to be seen.

After a quick check at some of the X3 casting offices (LA, Vancouver, New York) we've learned that all the roles (principals, supporting, cameos) have been cast which brings us to the question on at lot of fans minds - Is Gambit in and, if so, who's going to play him? At this point nothing is set in stone. Some casting and talent agents say the role has already been cast others, more recently, say the role has been cut from the film. We'll just have to wait i see with this one.

Vinnie Jones has already been in Vancouver for a costume fitting but he won't return until September to start filming his role as Juggernaut.

The Delta Film Office have confirmed that X-Men are heading to their small city for an exterior shoot in late September - October. We have exclusive details on the scenes they going to film, where it's all taking place and when. Preparations are in motion for the arrival of X3 in Tsawwassen, a subvision of South Delta which is close to Vancouver. Owners of houses on the Golf Club Drive have already been notified and some will be vacating thier homes for the duration of the shoot (2-3 weeks). A crew of up to 200 is expected not including the fire department, ambulances and other services Delta are providing.We have some details on the scenes that are set to be shot:

WARNING: "X-Men 3" spoilers below
In the scene a young Jean Grey, played by Haley Ramm, powers will be on awesome display. Levitating cars, rattling mailboxes - the works! They are also going to film a spectacular fight scene at the same location but this time it takes place 20 years later.

The scene was originally going to be filmed in Surrey but that has been moved to Delta. Surrey is still in contention for some shooting days as the X3 team are still scouting locations.

Gordon Smith will NOT be returning for X-Men 3. FXSmith's only involvement in the film was going to be Mystique, Wolverine and NightCrawler. NightCrawler was cut and Spectral Motion's bid to reproduce Mystique and Wolverine for less than half of what they decided to back out. They sent Spectral Motion the moulds for Mystique and Wolverine's claws. The claws have since come back and FXSMITH's Mechanical Designer, Jim Gawley is again looking after Wolverine's claws, on and off the set.

Source: XmenFilms.net

Lucas Developing Another Star Wars Feature
("Noooooooooooooooooooooo!")

Star Wars
According to The Toronto Fashion Monitor, even though director George Lucas previously stated "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" would be the last in the Star Wars saga, a seventh episode is now being planned.
Lucas now appears to have changed his mind and is reportedly developing a prequel to the 1999 flick, "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace", reports Internet portal Femalefirst.

"George believes there are even more stories to tell. His latest idea would feature an almost all-new cast, apart from the Jedi master Yoda, who would be the hero of the new movie," an insider said.

According to reports, the film would be set 100 years before the current movies. Lucas will reportedly try to take a backseat throughout the next production.

Source: The Toronto Fashion Monitor

I was wondering how long it would be befor Lucas decided he wanted some more money from the star wars universe

'Saw 2' Official Website and Movie Poster

Thanks to Actuacine, Lions Gate Films has just released the official poster for the upcoming horror sequel Saw II. Plus, the film's official website has just launched today (though not much on it at this time). Saw II hits theaters November 28th.

Here to support the villians.......
Right now I'm so confused with all this bull**** Hollywood is making and saying, so we now have a sequel to Save the last dance?, why?, there is no point, the first was enjoyable but like anyone is going to care about a sequel.

And why is Katie Holmes signed on for the sequel to Batman Begins now?, I thought she was dropped. Cinema is messing with my brain.

LGF to Release 'Saw' 3, 4 and 5 ??

Logo
According to scooper Casper at Bloody Disgusting, it seems that apparently Lions Gate Films is the proud owner of saw3.com, saw4.com and saw5.com domains. What does this mean? Well it either means that they are already planning three more sequels, or they just brought them in case they want to make more sequels. The horror sequel Saw II hits theaters this October 28th.

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
NO MORE SEQUELS! I can't take it anymore.
Ditto