The Interpreter

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone seen this? What did you think?

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I agree. It was very understated and never turned into the melodrama that a lot of political thrillers do ( i.e. The Manchurian Candidate remake). Besides, Nicole Kidman is in it.

It was superb. The movie kept me guessing up until the last scene. Of course Nicole Kidman was great. Nuff said. : )

You’ve been hax0red
the scene on the bus was good

history *is* moralizing
yep, to me it was the most memorable in the movie, although i appreciate the fact too that it didn't end in happy-ending romance or so...

Movie Forums Member
i thought it was just a good idea, filled with cliched charachters and drama.
the turns weren't so good.

it's obvious who the bad guy was from the beginning, the ending wasn't solid enough for a great Twist.

though the acting was good pretty typical and good camera angles nothing really special in the interpreter at most all it deserves is a solid 6/10

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
yep, to me it was the most memorable in the movie, although i appreciate the fact too that it didn't end in happy-ending romance or so...
alot of movies have that. and technically the movie was a Cliched Happy ending without kissing. but still most of the good guys survived nothing really bad happened to the main charachters of the movie and thus they have survived.

Originally Posted by Cousin Avi
the scene on the bus was good
Probably the most gut-wrenching part of the movie.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by fireyhope
alot of movies have that. and technically the movie was a Cliched Happy ending without kissing.
nope, NOT so many.
and the end depends on interpretation. Nicole said in an interview it's two people who could have loved each other but met at the wrong time wrong place, so that nothing is possible between them. so i take it they won't begin a relationship. the fact they survive..., well, i can tell you, to put a rather personal example, that i'm still alive - but believe me it is far from a happy ending.

Movie Forums Member
nope, NOT so many.
and the end depends on interpretation. Nicole said in an interview it's two people who could have loved each other but met at the wrong time wrong place, so that nothing is possible between them. so i take it they won't begin a relationship. the fact they survive..., well, i can tell you, to put a rather personal example, that i'm still alive - but believe me it is far from a happy ending.
But there still alive, to me thats still a happy typical Hollywood ending. Ending with the lover doesn't make it any difference. They both were still happy at the end and they just knew that they couldn't be together. there also wasn't much emotion at the end in my opinion and nothing but Cliched. Everything was okay nothing bad happens in the end. Thats the typical Cliched endings hollywood uses constantly. and though Sure they don't get together is still not really breaking the Formulaic cliches in Hollywood. They just chipped it a bit. But anyways still looks and sounds cliched and the interpreter was overall just a Regular run of the mill hollywood movie.

Movies that don't have the main charachters getting together at the end are movies like Mean Girls, and actually quite a few american movies, i think Notebook, Titanic didn't have main charachters at the end getting together too as i recall.

nope, NOT so many.
Besides, Tobit Keller's wife died just 23 days ago. It seems too fast.