The Wizard

Tools    

Radioactive Spider Blood
Do you guys remember that movie The Wizard? Fred Savage, Christian Slater-- where the kids go out to LA to play in a big video game competition?

This movie would be great to have on DVD with some Special Features- it's a classic flick that some of us grew up on.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I thought I was the only one that liked that movie. I agree with you Hyper...this would be a great flick to put on disc. It sure is dated though...I mean the "powerglove", "Super Mario Bros. 3"...CLASSIC GAMING MOVIE!!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Gimme, gimme, gimme.... JIMMY!!

Ho-ll-yy-ww-oo-dd

Whatever happened to Fred Savage?

Oh Geez.

Jimmy said: "Ca-li-fo-rn-ia" not Hollywood. My bad.

Fred starred in an NBC sitcom set in an office a few years back called "Working". It was pretty average and only lasted a couple seasons, 1997-1999. It was a decent enough idea and the tone seemed right, but it just never amounted to much.

Savage is twenty-five now and hasn't yet successfully made the transition to adult roles. But "Wonder Years" was such a popular and critically acclaimed series that he still probably has a little bit of juice left on TV, even though "Working" didn't last. I doubt he'll ever be a movie star as an adult, but he could turn up on television again in the future.

He's started doing voice-over work, as the title character on the Nicktoon "Oswald".

He also started directing episodes of TV shows as early as 1993, for his younger brother Ben's sitcom "Boy Meets World", then later "Working" and others. So maybe that's how he'll stay in the industry?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra