Comical spurting of blood in 007 type film

Tools    

A film I believe may be Italian. A black comedy. It could have been made in the 60's or later. I saw it on UK TV in the 80's as a kid.

The only scene I remember is a large room with a pool or bodies of water - sort of Sean Connery's James Bond villains lair style decadence!

Male Protagonist is finishing off the villains in the room - 'Kill Bill' style, but with a gun or shotgun. As the victims lay wounded or dead, comical blood sprays from their bodies like fountains high in the air. The image in my head is that the villains were dressed in black and wore sunglasses. But that may be a false memory. I remember being startled at the scene because of the mass of blood, but also slightly amused.

My first viewing of 'Kill Bill Vol 1' and seeing the comical blood spurt from limbs, made me think of the film in question. I just supposed the scene influenced Tarantino. However, I don't see it in any of the films that he mentions as an influence. Unless I have not looked well enough.

Another image I recall, - although I may be mixing up scenes from another movie, is that one villain gets his head blown off and either his brains or eyes (or both) land on a dinner plate.

Thank you for any help.

Sounds like giallo movies. Do you remember a protagonist?
Afraid I dont. Will look up Giallo and see if it rings any bells. Thank you.

The ultimate source of this trope is, of course, Salad Days (1971), director Sam Pekinpah.
Haha, Ive seen that. Quite fond of Monty Python. What I'm searching for is more of an action scene with lots of villains being shot. I'm sure it was from a film. Thank you for your help.

Sounds like a Takashi Miike movie.

Sounds like a Takashi Miike movie.
Thanks for your help. This movie came out before Takashi started directing and is not an eastern film.

The ultimate source of this trope is, of course, Salad Days (1971), director Sam Pekinpah.
You've gotta ask yourself (among other things)... how does the entire keyboard get through Graham Chapman's stomach?

You've gotta ask yourself (among other things)... how does the entire keyboard get through Graham Chapman's stomach?
Because it B-sharp?