Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

BKB
I watched a movie from 1984 riding the wave of JAWS at the time in terms of homage and it was titled "RAZORBACK" about a 900LB Giant Razorback terrorizing the outback and the best thing about this virtually unknown movie was the Practical FX they used along with Animatronics to bring this thing to life and it just goes to show, that Practical FX will always beat CGI any day..

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
Tonight's retro awesomeness: 1937's Captains Courageous. (... and check out that mighty cast, willya...?)

"If it was priggish for an older generation of reviewers to be ashamed of what they enjoyed and to feel they had to be contemptuous of popular entertainment, it's even more priggish for a new movie generation to be so proud of what they enjoy that they use their education to try to place trash within the acceptable academic tradition." -- Pauline Kael

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
Tonight's dose of retro fabulousness: William Powell and Luise Rainer, in 1937's The Emperor's Candlesticks.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	xA6fCipf3WuWsUstNH0fyRrcZvN.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	94338  

Love this movie.

Yes, this inspired the ‘hate-watching’ thread. I hate musicals and all manner of singing in films, and I’m kind of anti-everything here but, well, needs must and full disclosure: this was a free ticket. (Hilariously, an article in National Review of all places which no, it actually wasn’t dissing the film, convinced me to watch this).

Not much singing, thank god for that. It’s not at all as awful as I thought, the visuals are great but the ‘plot’, if it may be called that, is just tragically stupid.

The world-building makes no ****ing sense. I do not for the life of me understand why they had to diss The Godfather, even though I don’t love it myself.

Fun fact: a couple (dressed in normal casual, not pink) just walked out with me, and the woman said to the guy, ‘See, it wasn’t so bad, was it?’

I'm going to watch this chick-flick for posterity. It was one of those movies that when you were a teen, you'd be passing through the living room, you're mom and her friends would be watching this or something similar and you say to yourself, just keep walking and go somewhere else. Well, its a Johnny Depp movie and I quiteenjoy his movies a lot so this dont look so bad. A period piece, in the vein of Grease Lightning.

I saw the posters for this everywhere and thought this was going to be one of those junk parodies that make you cringe, but here I will see it anyways. I wont be drinking much through these movies for a long while now as I almost made an ass myself.