5)Beatles
6)The Clash
7)Ramones
8)Ozma
9)Kiss
10)Greenday

Someone Save Us College Kids
Okay, so maybe I didnt give enough Info. Heres th rules
Only pick the top ten bands that should be on the list or the ones you like to be on the list.
Each one counts as points

for example

1)Greenday would be 10 points since its at number one, but as you go down it changes.

example

5)Ramones would be 6 points.

so like this.....Here's mine

1)Led Zeppelin (10)
2)Nirvana (9)
3)Sex Pistols (8)
4)Queen (7)
5)Beatles (6)
6)The Clash (5)
7)Ramones (4)
8)Ozma (3)
9)Kiss (2)
10)Greenday (1)

The points will be calculated. I figured since a lot of peole post in the music threads I thought it would take off like the top 13 bands thread did hmm......

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
1.Katatonia
2.Led Zeppelin
3.Dir En Grey
4.Immortal
5.Emperor
6.The Beatles
7.Journey
8.Tenacious D
9.Trollheims Grott
10.Pentagram

Are you talking about your own personal favorite, or the actual best band/musician?
For example, someone could choose Nirvana as their favorite band, but they know that they are not the best band ever.

Originally Posted by gummo
Are you talking about your own personal favorite, or the actual best band/musician?
For example, someone could choose Nirvana as their favorite band, but they know that they are not the best band ever.

In your own opinion who is the best band ever.

1)The Beatles
2)The Beach Boys
3)Bob Dylan
4)The Jimi Hendrix Experience
5)Elvis Presley
6)Queen
7)The Who
8)Pink Floyd
9)U2
10)Nirvana

Those are the essential artists that have musically inspired generations and define rock music, imo. I haven't included the Stones not because I don't like them, but because imo their appearance was the main basis for their success.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Ok,

In my personal taste, these are in way meant to be thought of the 'most important' or 'definitive' just my favourite 'Bands' or 'Artists'.

I'm also going to include my favourite piece of work from them too. All of these albums get an A+ in my book.

From 10 to 1.

10. Bob Dylan - 'Blonde on Blonde' (1966)

09. David Bowie - Low (1977)

08 Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (1975)

07. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (1975)

06. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures (1979)

05. The Beatles - Abbey Road (1969)

04. Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven (2000)

03. Sigur Ros - () (2002)

02. Mogwai - Rock Action (2001)

01. Radiohead - Kid A (2003)

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by Rjoepenk
1)The Beatles
2)The Beach Boys
3)Bob Dylan
4)The Jimi Hendrix Experience
5)Elvis Presley
6)Queen
7)The Who
8)Pink Floyd
9)U2
10)Nirvana

Those are the essential artists that have musically inspired generations and define rock music, imo. I haven't included the Stones not because I don't like them, but because imo their appearance was the main basis for their success.

IMO the only thing Nirvana has inspired is/was a bunch of crappy bands and over obsessive fans.

And this is my BOOMstick!
1. The Beatles
2. Queen
3. NOFX
4. The Doors
5. Bad Religion
6. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
7. Pennywise
8. Led Zeppelin
and some others

I had a really hard time deciding... so, these are subject to change...

1. Pink Floyd
2. Jimi Hendrix Experience
3. Queen
4. Led Zeppelin
5. U2
6. The Beatles
7. Black Sabbath
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers
9. Bob Marley and the Wailers
10. YES

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
Sorry dude.. but it totally pisses me off when people don't spell Zeppelin right...
Sorry, fixed. I don't really like them, but they are on of the greatest bands ever.

1) The Ga*Ga*s
2) Chevelle
3) Guns N' Roses
4) Slipknot
5) Pantera
6) Muse
7) Rammstein
8) The Jimi Hendrix Experiance
9) Slayer
10) Black Sabbath

Quote: ''IMO the only thing Nirvana has inspired is/was a bunch of crappy bands and over obsessive fans.''

Exactly. I don't like the bands that Nirvana have inspired either but that doesn't mean that they are any less significant in rock history. Every so often someone comes and gives rock a new style of music and new image and Nirvana were the last band to do that. Over obsessive fans have nothing to do with the actual music really. You'll find plenty of over obsessive Beatles fans, they're just generally more intelligent.

Id have to agree with EW, for the fact that bands out now are taking the style of music and lyrics from them and trying to make a quick buck out it. Although I will say this though NIrvana obviously had talent and was and should be respected as one of the best bands that we have seen. Wow thats interesting, I was talking to a friend of mine about the same thing a couple of days ago.

Yes but it's the fact that bands are copying nirvana, trying to mimick them and 'make a quick buck out of it' as you nicely put it, that they should be respected for. Just like numerous artists before them people have been inspired by their music, that was my point and it is in agreement with both of your points.

Neutral Milk Hotel
1. Bright Eyes
2. Neutral Milk Hotel
3. The Sounds
4. The Shins
5. Rilo Kiley
6. Postal Service
7. Frou Frou
8. Coldplay
9. Simon and Garfunkel
10. Lynard Skynard
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

1.Led Zeppelin (obviously)
2.Pink Floyd
3.KISS
4.Black Sabbath
5.Lynyrd Skynyrd
6.the Beatles
7.Red Hot Chile Peppers
8.Jimi Hendrix
9.Aerosmith
10.the Who
And found he was eating his shoe.