Name the Actress

Tools    

A compatriot of mine, here working in another country in a cute and favorite romcom in which she also visits NY.
The reverse image search does NOT seem to work on it :-p
I was able to find out who she is by using image look up. I would never do that for this game but I did find out that it did work. But I won't guess or post her name, that wouldn't be fair.

I guess we need another photo of this woman as nobody knows who she is. @Jean
Is she French?

I was able to find out who she is by using image look up.
Wow... I tried several compositions for this pic in Google Lens and it couldn't find it (not in the first results anyway, AFAIK).

Her name would literally suggest so, but she's from a country that has French as one of its languages. They sometimes become way more known in France. In this "popular" >2010 romcom (screwball style, AFAIK), she's a secretary (and more) that grew on me. Her debut is a "somewhat known" 7+ movie where she and her partner make money off their baby/child.

I'll include the pic that did reveal her name for me on an image search (from the same movie)...

A one-line review could be...
"Quality romcom that you can still watch with your mum — probably in my Top 5. Great leads, idea, vintage and feel-good vibe, where ... ... grew on me as the sweetie."

This is Deborah Francois. The movie was Populaire. I recognized her when you said French secretary. It is a fun movie.
Well done I've only seen two of hers so far — shame on me... Her debut was L'enfant (The Child) (2005), which I haven't seen yet.

I may later add a 2nd compatriot that is similarly "misnamed," but should be easier for Americans to recognize. This tip alone might reveal it.

Well done I've only seen two of hers so far — shame on me... Her debut was L'enfant (The Child) (2005), which I haven't seen yet.
Duh. Shame on me since I just re-watched this excellent movie. She was just a kid in the movie & I did not recognize her at all from your photos.

Teresa Wright

A publicity photo for California Conquest, I expect.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'll pick it up again with one I was hinting at before, and which I suspect is easier to recognize for Americans...?

Hints: Despite her name, she is from another country. She was a lead in at least one American movie from a big-name director.

Cécile de France

Cécile de France
Correct, and a Belgian actress.

I was thinking of Hereafter (2010) Clint Eastwood, but I think I've enjoyed her more in a few French ones.