A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

An Asian horror movie with a chainsaw?

Hmmm....
I don't think I've seen that, but I'll double-check a few things I own to see if there's something I'm forgetting.

Just some of the usual movie identifying questions -
Which era does it look like the movie was made?
Any guess on country?
What era is the movie set in? Asking because, you know, chainsaw.

Have you tried the IMDb keyword search for chainsaw and then did a country filter on some of the most likely candidates? (e.g. Hong Kong, Japan, Korea? I'm not sure the best choices for SE Asia for country guesses. Indonesia?)

An Asian horror movie with a chainsaw?

Hmmm....
I don't think I've seen that, but I'll double-check a few things I own to see if there's something I'm forgetting.

Just some of the usual movie identifying questions -
Which era does it look like the movie was made?
Any guess on country?
What era is the movie set in? Asking because, you know, chainsaw.

Have you tried the IMDb keyword search for chainsaw and then did a country filter on some of the most likely candidates? (e.g. Hong Kong, Japan, Korea? I'm not sure the best choices for SE Asia for country guesses. Indonesia?)
2000 and above.

I think Japanese.

Her outfit was more like school girl style.

Taking a guess - Tokyo Gore Police.

I've only seen the trailer (~a decade ago) but it's coming up in searches for chainsaw and Japan.

ETA:

Url for the Google search results gif (Tokyo gore police chainsaw)
https://images.app.goo.gl/GG1JESYuURPjGrkZ9

Can't find anything confirming your scene, but does the tone look correct in the trailer?

Taking a guess - Tokyo Gore Police.
I don't remember a scene like that in Tokyo Gore Police. It's been quite some time since I watched that, though, but it doesn't sound right.

If I'd have to throw a wild guess, I'd go with a similar style film called The Machine Girl. I've seen that, too, but my memories about it are just as vague. It would seem more fitting, though.

Victim of The Night
There's a movie called Living Hell: A Japanese Chainsaw Massacre from 2004?

There's a movie called Living Hell: A Japanese Chainsaw Massacre from 2004?
Not that

I might watch ABCs to see if it was part of that.

I have 2 different memories of Asian horror films and its just a small piece so I was thinking it they may be part of an anthology.

Thanks everyone!

I assume the chainsaw isn't comically oversized and yellow, with unrealistically large sawteeth on the saw. Just checking because there was something that showing up in searches from 2016, that was like "Chainsaw Girl" or something.

The IMDb idea didn't seem as useful as I thought it would be because apparently a lot of non-Japanese movies are filmed partly in Japan.

I assume the chainsaw isn't comically oversized and yellow, with unrealistically large sawteeth on the saw. Just checking because there was something that showing up in searches from 2016, that was like "Chainsaw Girl" or something.

The IMDb idea didn't seem as useful as I thought it would be because apparently a lot of non-Japanese movies are filmed partly in Japan.
Just a normal chainsaw in a little red wagon.

Care for a game of chess? Not much else to do around here.
Well, I'm on Discord a lot these days, if you want to catch me there.