Uncensored video of Will Smith and Chris Rock at the Oscars

Tools    

Jesus just kept the ship from sinking by stilling the waves.
(And then he dunked Peter... just for fun!)
Yeah, Peter needed an ass-whupping occasionally. He was a bit of a downer.

Also answers to Jabba
Hypothetically @AgrippinaX if after reading your comments, I find them not only relativistic but also dangerous in the pursuit of building a more tolerant society and perhaps even could go as far as saying they are personally hurting me, could I come up to you and give you a good-ol' smack provided it won't leave you any permanent damage?

Hypothetically @AgrippinaX if after reading your comments, I find them not only relativistic but also dangerous in the pursuit of building a more tolerant society and perhaps even could go as far as saying they are personally hurting me, could I come up to you and give you a good-ol' smack provided it won't leave you any permanent damage?
Yes, for sure, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.

You’re asking if you could “smack” a female?

Also answers to Jabba
Yes, for sure, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.
Sticking to twisted logic can lead to some magical results in order to stay consistent.

@Stirchley obviously not.

The Future of the Oscars

You ready? You look ready.
She only recently started talking about her condition. It’s not common knowledge unless you follow her talk show, and it was only this past year she started talking about it. Chris Rock’s joke was not from a place of hatred. It was a movie themed joke about her hair being buzzed. It’s not that deep. Smith just saw an opportunity to simp, and simp he did.

She only recently started talking about her condition. It’s not common knowledge unless you follow her talk show, and it was only this past year she started talking about it. Chris Rock’s joke was not from a place of hatred. It was a movie themed joke about her hair being buzzed. It’s not that deep. Smith just saw an opportunity to simp, and simp he did.
I think you are assuming a lot. How do you know??/

Sticking to twisted logic can lead to some magical results in order to stay consistent.
Anyone who’s been in conversation with me here knows I don’t try to stay consistent at all. Actually I think people do and always will change their mind depending on circumstances and that most things are relative. I call that reality, not twisted logic. And why are you so sarcastic? I have been in physical altercations, yes. I didn’t initiate most of them.

I’m certainly not afraid of physical altercations, though I have people around me who would do what Will did.

You ready? You look ready.
I think you are assuming a lot. How do you know??/
Because I read interviews.*

The cheating withstanding, I think Jada is a role model for advancing women’s rights and health issues, so call me crazy for having actually watched her talk show/podcast a good number of times.

And Rock’s shock at having been slapped for a movie themed joke. And him saying later he didn’t know about her health condition.

If these are assumptions then I will take my slap now.

But it’s irrelevant here, no?

That was the punchline. The Academy saying that they don't condone violence does not really condemn or condone what Smith did, does it? They took a position so safely ambiguous as to be, functionally, irrelevant. Just a little joke.

That was the punchline. The Academy saying that they don't condone violence does not really condemn or condone what Smith did, does it? They took a position so safely ambiguous as to be, functionally, irrelevant. Just a little joke.
That I agree with. I did think we could do without that non-statement. But then, I feel for whoever had to draft it. Also, it’s not really their place to reprimand people like kids at a prom, even if it’s their event. Having drafted many a media statement in my life, I can’t really picture drafting one that took a stand on this one. So I guess I’d say “no comment” like many of those present did.

Anyone who’s been in conversation with me here knows I don’t try to stay consistent at all.

That's obviously your prerogative, but to embrace an inconsistency in your opinions is to essentially embrace whim and emotions as the basis of your thinking. So when we are essentially having a conversation about the rights of those who are not you (ie. Chris Rock's face), it's hard to accept your whims or emotions as a reason why someone who is not you should not have protection against physical violence by the whims and emotions of Will Smith.

Without any kind of attempt at consistency, there can be no debate in good faith. By refusing to acknowledge any hypocritical stance, you are asserting that you don't have to play by any rules when in these kinds of conversations, and your opinions should be simply accepted by how you are feeling. And I would like to know exactly how a society would function if everyone was similarly disdainful towards having any underlying consistency in how they administered their rules, laws etc.

That I agree with. I did think we could do without that non-statement. But then, I feel for whoever had to draft it. Also, it’s not really their place to reprimand people like kids at a prom, even if it’s their event. Having drafted many a media statement in my life, I can’t really picture drafting one that took a stand on this one. So I guess I’d say “no comment” like many of those present did.

They're in a tight spot here. They knew he was winning best actor, so it would be awkward to censure him. Also, given that he is a POC actor in an industry relentlessly criticized for being too white, they would be on thin ice if they kicked him out or took back his award. On the other hand, he just assaulted the host of your show on national television.

Even the LAPD wimped out on this one. They don't need Chris Rock to press charges. It's not Chris Rock vs. Will Smith. In a criminal case, it's "The People" vs. Will Smith. And Will Smith committed an assault on national television. There is plenty there with which to charge him, arrest him, and hold him until he posts bail. But... ...they don't want any part of it.

This is going to be a trend now of people walking up and smacking Chris Rock. On the street, comedy concerts, movie sets, his home. If all of us met Chris Rock right now at least half of us would daydream of smacking him one.