Diehl40's top 50

Tools    

32. Mighty Aphrodite- Woody Allen

I thought this was one of Allen's more creative movies. I especially liked the way he made use of the Greek chorus. To me, this was kind of Oasis in that dark period for Allen when he was struggling.

Anybody mentioning Fargo always makes me chuckle a bit...great dark comedy

30. Camille Claudel- Nyutten

Isabella Adjani is always good to look at, but given the opportunity she can really act. I have seen her in "Camille Claudel", Adelle H., Subway, and Noferateu. I have Queen Margot, but have not yet watched it. In Camille Claudel she really impresses. Depardieu also turns in a good performance in this film.

48. 100 Foot Jorney-

Directed by Hallestrom

Timely movie about difference. Different People, Different Cultures, Different food, etc. I have seen this movie numerous times, and look forward to many more viewings.
Haven't seen 100 Foot Journey but love Chocolate 2000 by Hallestrom, I recommend it if you haven't seen it already.

love Chocolate 2000 by Hallestrom, I recommend it if you haven't seen it already.
It's very good; not my favourite .

It's # 236 on my all time list
I don't think it's on mine but I'm fond of it. Has a great atmosphere – also it's novel to see John Wood not playing a psychopath .